Poll

Folks on Serenade say they won’t dock until Friday, a day late.  Claim this is being communicated on ship.

Passengers expecting to depart tomorrow haven’t heard squat since last night (stay tuned).  So is the person on the ship a troll or is the company woefully inadequate when it comes to customer service. 

16 minutes ago, Go Noles62 said:

Folks on Serenade say they won’t dock until Friday, a day late.  Claim this is being communicated on ship.

Passengers expecting to depart tomorrow haven’t heard squat since last night (stay tuned).  So is the person on the ship a troll or is the company woefully inadequate when it comes to customer service. 

the Port of Tampa is closed.   It is sad that this has not been communicated to those waiting to board ..

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Go Noles62 said:

Ship is just south of the keys.  Might depend on port authorities. 

1 hour ago, Go Noles62 said:

Folks on Serenade say they won’t dock until Friday, a day late.  Claim this is being communicated on ship. Passengers expecting to depart tomorrow haven’t heard squat since last night (stay tuned).  So is the person on the ship a troll or is the company woefully inadequate when it comes to customer service. 

The ship will dock as soon as the port reopens. It is a major port and once the port staff verifies that the shipping lanes are clear and that the port's infrastructure is ready for traffic, they will reopen and the ship will dock. Speculation that this will be measured in hours, not days. The ship is underway, heading back to Tampa doing a lazy 9 kn. If the port reopens, she can make her planned 3 am arrival time. 

image.png.a7f78400dca40c95e6d572c637bf1a3c.png

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/notices/travel-updates

Serenade of the Seas: Saturday, August 26, 2023 sailing from Tampa

The Port of Tampa remains closed at this time, and we’re still waiting for them to conduct their inspections and surveys to resume normal port operations. As a result, our return has been moved to Friday, September 1, and guests will spend an extra day onboard, on us.

Serenade of the Seas: Thursday, August 31, 2023 sailing from Tampa

Along with our Chief Meteorologist, Marine Operations, and government officials we’re working towards providing guests with the best cruise possible and we now intend to sail on Friday, September 1. We’re committed to keeping you informed every step of the way as the situation evolves, and expect to prov ide final details tomorrow afternoon.

While these circumstances are beyond our control, we understand that this change impacts your vacation. Below are your options, including the option to cancel for a 100% refund.

For guests that decide to sail:

• Since the delay impacts the departure of your cruise, we’ll provide you with 1-day's worth of Onboard Credit to your SeaPass Account.
  • This credit can be used anywhere onboard and any amount remaining at the end of your sailing will be refunded to your credit card on file.

For those who wish to cancel:

• If you do wish to cancel, there is nothing for you to do. You’ll receive a refund of your cruise fare, including any non-refundable deposit, to your payment on file within 14 business days after our sailing ends. Please note, some banking institutions may take longer.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, GTO-Girl said:

the Port of Tampa is closed.   It is sad that this has not been communicated to those waiting to board ..

Agree. Also sad for those waiting to board who are unable to apply deductive reasoning (i.e. Ship docking Friday would be difficult to board on Thursday). 

Edited by bucfan2
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, bucfan2 said:

Agree. Also sad for those waiting to board who are unable to apply deductive reasoning (i.e. Ship docking Friday would be difficult to board on Thursday). 

saw another post where a person called Royal late last night and was told the ship was on schedule and sailing today!!   Given that information they are going to head to the port based on what they were told.

it seems the only ones getting enough information to use “deductive reasoning” are the people ONBOARD getting their information from their Captain because it is not coming from Royal…

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, GTO-Girl said:

it seems the only ones getting enough information to use “deductive reasoning” are the people ONBOARD getting their information from their Captain because it is not coming from Royal…

I'm not techie, nor am I on this sailing, but I have heard of Holiday Inn (and am aware ship isn't returning until Friday).

The doctor provides input...I'm ultimately responsible regarding status of my health. And while I agree w/ you on poor RCL communication, we also treat our vacation success as being our ultimate responsibility. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, GTO-Girl said:

It is sad that this has not been communicated to those waiting to board ..

I just want to know what kind of idiot is waiting in a hurricane strike zone wondering where the cruise ship is and just how would you communicate with this individual?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

14 hours ago, bucfan2 said:

Nooooo waaaay!  Who knewwwwww!  I mean, why not?  After all, they are different days of the week, aren't they?

• Haha 1

I was on the Serenade and understand your frustration. On the 30th, we were told that we would be disembarking on morning of the 31st. Later in the day, we were told that we would be disembarking on the 31st at 4:00pm. Then we were told that we would not be disembarking on the 31st and that we would disembark on September 1. It was a very fluid situation and totally dependent on Port Tampa Bay and the Coast Guard.