Favorite Specialty Restaurant?

Dr. Peds

I suppose that if I had to chose, it would be the Crown Grill.  I agree with others, though, the CG has lost a lot of it's appeal for us.  Dining at CG used to feel like an "experience" that proved to be worth the cover charge, but that feeling has changed.  We noticed about five years ago the appetizers changed then later the steaks less special, hardly what I would consider prime beef.  Now it seems we only go there if we have a freebie. 

We haven't been on the Sky to experience the Catch by Rudi but the menu looks great and being a lover of seafood we would certainly try it.

7 hours ago, leck57 said:

I just booked Sabatini's last week for a cruise in Feb and it cost $47 per person. My last cruise 12 months ago it was $35 pp. I think the cost is starting to get beyond the value point.

Wow, when we went last fall (October-November) on Island Princess we went twice for $25 a night.  So it's almost doubled in price is less than a year.  Dang.  Another good love gone bad ...

2 hours ago, tserface said:

Wow, when we went last fall (October-November) on Island Princess we went twice for $25 a night.  So it's almost doubled in price is less than a year.  Dang.  Another good love gone bad ...

I think leck57 might be quoting Australian dollar prices.  Last time we went, Sabatini's was $35 USD and Crown Grill was $39 USD.

Edited by Abercrombie2019
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Abercrombie2019 said:

I think leck57 might be quoting Australian dollar prices.  Last time we went, Sabatini's was $35 USD and Crown Grill was $39 USD.

Ah, cool then.  $35 is still a good deal for Sabatini's in my opinion.  It makes me happy that Princess is still keeping some things affordable.  On our last cruise bingo was like $39 a game and it was 2x that last time we were on an RCI ship.

2 hours ago, Abercrombie2019 said:

Yep I was. However the cost has gone up from $29 to $47 in about 18 months, and that's a hike no matter what currency it is.

• Like 1

I'm a big Crown Grill fan most cruises.  On departure day I always head to Alfredos because everyone else goes to the buffet.  I like Salty Dog on ships I've had it on.  Sabatinis I used to really like but I think I've just lost my taste for it.  If there is one thing I really miss it's the old Fish & Chips Pub Lunch they used to hold once a cruise.  Every cruise pre-Covid it was a must for me.  I haven't seen it since though.  

14 hours ago, Westsail32 said:

I'm a big Crown Grill fan most cruises.  On departure day I always head to Alfredos because everyone else goes to the buffet.  I like Salty Dog on ships I've had it on.  Sabatinis I used to really like but I think I've just lost my taste for it.  If there is one thing I really miss it's the old Fish & Chips Pub Lunch they used to hold once a cruise.  Every cruise pre-Covid it was a must for me.  I haven't seen it since though.  

We had pub lunch twice last month on Caribbean Princess. 

Edited by startedwithamouse

16 hours ago, leck57 said:

Yep I was. However the cost has gone up from $29 to $47 in about 18 months, and that's a hike no matter what currency it is.

The increase was $10 US/pp.  If the AUD moved wrong in the meantime, then anything above that is not Princess problem I suppose.  Yes, $25 to $35 is a 40% hike.  But the price had also not changed in a while.  I imagine a combination of inflation, needing to recover from pandemic, and bringing prices closer to competition.