Coffee Creamer

tantara69

Most crruise ships are very strict about liquids being brought aboard. Passengers have many creative ways to sneak liquor into their luggage. It's frustrating to have them toss your coffee creamer, but it's a rule you'll have to comply with. I'm partial to my own brand of creamer, but it's really a small sacrifice so I don't mind going without for a short time. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, tantara69 said:

is there a limit how many small ones i can bring

My MIL brought a ton (maybe 40 or 50) for our 10 day AK cruise.  She uses 3 in a single cup of coffee so in her mind it was not an absorbent amount.  I do not believe there is a posted restriction on how many can be brought on.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, tantara69 said:

great my husband and i both use flavored creamer so we also will need plenty

My wife buys the single serving ones to bring on board. The flavor she wants is not always easy to find in the supermarket, and bringing them on the plane can be problematic. So what she does is order a case of them off of Amazon and have them delivered to an Amazon locker near our port/hotel to pick up and take on the ship. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, thenexus2k said:

My wife buys the single serving ones to bring on board. The flavor she wants is not always easy to find in the supermarket, and bringing them on the plane can be problematic. So what she does is order a case of them off of Amazon and have them delivered to an Amazon locker near our port/hotel to pick up and take on the ship. 

We've used Amazon lockers for last minute cruise supplies before, and it's a brilliant solution. 👍

• Like 3

I’d been thinking about this myself. I wish they made the small ones in the oat milk versions. I can’t drink any lactose.

edit: turns out they do make travel oat creamer. It’s ridiculously overpriced but I might have to try it and see if the taste is worth it!

Edited by Cherries Jubilee
  • Like 1

Wife is addicted to Coffee Mate Hazelnut and never had an issue with bringing on board either the single serve or the large 32 oz refrigerated.  Last sailing was out of Baltimore, since we were flying in, we had some friends bring some with them.  Security asked about the bottles (thinking they were water), but told them it was coffee creamers and then said okay.  Never even looked at them.  

• Like 1

23 hours ago, princess76021 said:

We brought a box of 100!!!

Both of us used it too!!  

Hugs from Texas!

Hey - since you're not far from me (76018), how 'bout I pop over with my box o' creamer and I'll pick it up from you on the Lido, lol!!

I've been trying to decide best way to get enough flavored creamer for upcoming B2B. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, boatclub1 said:

I bring the flavored creamer powder - vanilla - I get that on the ship

Gave up the powdered stuff; wanting French Vanilla (which is easy) and Italian Sweet Cream (harder to find). I find the liquid is richer helps the "common" Lido coffee go down easier, lol, so I spend less on "foofy" coffee.

• Like 2

I have been bringing the big bottles on board the ship and never had a problem. I keep them in my carry on luggage and have never had to show that they are still sealed ( I do leave them sealed up). In November I am traveling to Australia so will bring the powdered form just for ease and less weight in my luggage. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Twintowngirl said:

I have been bringing the big bottles on board the ship and never had a problem. I keep them in my carry on luggage and have never had to show that they are still sealed ( I do leave them sealed up). In November I am traveling to Australia so will bring the powdered form just for ease and less weight in my luggage. 

Hope you have better luck w/powered coffee creamer in carry on and TSA than I did when I flew from Atl to SFO this last June for our 15 day cruise to the Pacific islands. I had my creamer in a 22oz plastic coffee creamer jar and I guess a jar that BIG must have set off all kinds of red flags, because they (TSA) swabbed the container, the whole inside of my carry-on, my hands (one at a time) and all of my coat pockets.  Oh well, it's all in a day's air travel in today's world I guess.

Mac

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SmoothFlying said:

Hope you have better luck w/powered coffee creamer in carry on and TSA than I did when I flew from Atl to SFO this last June for our 15 day cruise to the Pacific islands. I had my creamer in a 22oz plastic coffee creamer jar and I guess a jar that BIG must have set off all kinds of red flags, because they (TSA) swabbed the container, the whole inside of my carry-on, my hands (one at a time) and all of my coat pockets.  Oh well, it's all in a day's air travel in today's world I guess.

Mac

Anything powder will definitely interest TSA. My husband has a powdered medicine and they swab it all the time. Sometimes we really struggle to get it through, especially international flights. 

13 hours ago, momin05 said:

Anything powder will definitely interest TSA. My husband has a powdered medicine and they swab it all the time. Sometimes we really struggle to get it through, especially international flights. 

Oh well,,at least I'm not alone. 🙂

Mac

On 9/2/2023 at 9:46 AM, Haljo1935 said:

Hey - since you're not far from me (76018), how 'bout I pop over with my box o' creamer and I'll pick it up from you on the Lido, lol!!

I've been trying to decide best way to get enough flavored creamer for upcoming B2B. 

It's great to see that I'm not the only Flavored Creamer addict around here... Over the years I've gotten creative in my inadvertent creamer tomfoolery to get it onboard. Ecstatic to find out my semi-bad days are behind me. 😉 Well in 25days they will be! 

• Like 1

On 9/1/2023 at 5:06 PM, Cherries Jubilee said:

I’d been thinking about this myself. I wish they made the small ones in the oat milk versions. I can’t drink any lactose.

edit: turns out they do make travel oat creamer. It’s ridiculously overpriced but I might have to try it and see if the taste is worth it!

Not trying to be snarky, but have you tried a lactose pill? They really work!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pika8347 said:

Not trying to be snarky, but have you tried a lactose pill? They really work!

For some reason they don’t work for me. They kind of delay the process but they give me gas and then a day or so later I get painful explosive diarrhea.

My body is very weird. I can eat cheese and yogurt but milk/cream/ice cream cause major issues. I was diagnosed with IBS but that doesn’t explain why some things are triggers and others aren’t.

I appreciate you trying to help though ❤️

On 9/1/2023 at 8:28 PM, imacruiser99 said:

Wife is addicted to Coffee Mate Hazelnut and never had an issue with bringing on board either the single serve or the large 32 oz refrigerated.  Last sailing was out of Baltimore, since we were flying in, we had some friends bring some with them.  Security asked about the bottles (thinking they were water), but told them it was coffee creamers and then said okay.  Never even looked at them.  

Although bringing on the 32 oz. bottles would be violating the Liquor and Beverage Policy, thankfully a majority of port employees do not raise an issue about this. However, there are those few that would - usually these are the employees living out their life fantasy of working in a law enforcement field or are kissing up the employee ladder.

I buy the single serve cups, Keep them in original box-sealed from the store, then pack them into my checked luggage- never had an issue.  I also pack some powdered creamer in my checked bags.  To make lido coffee bearable/drinkable I ad a bit of hot water or ice it down, when I want cold coffee.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1