We board Infinity in about an hour. Let me know if you have any questions.

Stockjock

16 hours ago, Oceansaway17 said:

well after reading this post I will definitely change my trip next year from this ship to another even if I have to go to another cruise line.

Been trying to get to Greece for many years and things always pop up or go wrong.

Sounds to me like this ship is just not meant for me.  As for MDR, more and more folks just go to Buffet so that you can see the food and pick out things you like.

The ship is not bad.  If you have an itinerary and price you like, I'd still book it.  There were some issues, as mentioned, that perhaps one might expect with an older ship.  While we had some problems, we had a nice time overall.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Stockjock said:

The ship is not bad.  If you have an itinerary and price you like, I'd still book it.  There were some issues, as mentioned, that perhaps one might expect with an older ship.  While we had some problems, we had a nice time overall.

Ok thanks and I am still thinking about itinerary to Greece on Infinity 

9 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

Ok thanks and I am still thinking about itinerary to Greece on Infinity 

To my mind it is always about knowing what what you are booking and what you are comfortable with.

The age of the ship and price of the cruise are factors that are important. There are places, because of the itinerary, I am comfortable to book on an older ship. There are ships I feel nostalgic about I want ‘one last trip on’.

However, there are cruise ships I remember from 10/15 years ago which looked/felt dated then…How comfortable I would be with them now is questionable. Then there are the facilities on board. I am uncomfortable with only one ‘real’ speciality restaurant…I so wish Celebrity had kept the Ocean Liners (Murano equivalents).

At the end of the day, your cash, your choice. We are booked on Infinity next September…There is nostalgia involved and a great itinerary…However, I am watching reviews of this ship specifically, and Celebrity generally, before final payment.

Cruises on the older ships of the fleet are not cheap, especially when booking higher category cabins…As I said at the start…it is about knowing what you are booking and what you are comfortable with…

FWIW, in our case, we had booked a very similar itinerary on RCCL's Brilliance of the Seas.  They changed our ship to Enchantment of the Seas and we felt it was an inferior ship to Brilliance.

Did a bit of research and found this trip on Infinity.  Pricing was a touch more expensive, but not a lot.  I felt like doing this sailing on Infinity was a cut above Brilliance or Enchantment, so I cancelled that sailing and moved it to Celebrity.  I suspect that this turned out to be a good decision.

2 hours ago, chemmo said:

To my mind it is always about knowing what what you are booking and what you are comfortable with.

The age of the ship and price of the cruise are factors that are important. There are places, because of the itinerary, I am comfortable to book on an older ship. There are ships I feel nostalgic about I want ‘one last trip on’.

However, there are cruise ships I remember from 10/15 years ago which looked/felt dated then…How comfortable I would be with them now is questionable. Then there are the facilities on board. I am uncomfortable with only one ‘real’ speciality restaurant…I so wish Celebrity had kept the Ocean Liners (Murano equivalents).

At the end of the day, your cash, your choice. We are booked on Infinity next September…There is nostalgia involved and a great itinerary…However, I am watching reviews of this ship specifically, and Celebrity generally, before final payment.

Cruises on the older ships of the fleet are not cheap, especially when booking higher category cabins…As I said at the start…it is about knowing what you are booking and what you are comfortable with…

I do agree and I liked my Vision OTS more than I thought so I will most likely keep my reservation for now because of Athens.

We usually cruise more for the itinerary than the ship; love this itinerary and we are adding 5 days in Crete pre-cruise, as well as a couple of days in Athens. I realize the ship is older and dated, but it was a great price as well as the good itinerary, so we'll adjust some expectations.  Pretty port heavy anyway.

We book on price, itinerary and ship Infinity clearly needs a major update but Celebrity I think are one if not the best at renovating their older ships. Since covid all the cruise lines are having to shave costs where they can and charge a bit extra where they can We all understand that but we’ll go with an open mind ready to relax and enjoy our cruise without constantly finding fault which is too easy to do We consider ourselves lucky to be onboard and we’ll do our very best to just enjoy it 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, scotlanders said:

We book on price, itinerary and ship Infinity clearly needs a major update but Celebrity I think are one if not the best at renovating their older ships. Since covid all the cruise lines are having to shave costs where they can and charge a bit extra where they can We all understand that but we’ll go with an open mind ready to relax and enjoy our cruise without constantly finding fault which is too easy to do We consider ourselves lucky to be onboard and we’ll do our very best to just enjoy it 

I told one of the Celebrity employees that I thought Infinity was in relatively good shape, considering its age and the fact that it hadn't been revolutionized.  He replied, "You should have seen it just after covid.  It was really in bad shape.  It's a lot better now."