Clearing Up a Question on Neptune Lounge

alwaysfrantic

A month or so ago someone found documentation stating drinks at the sign for bar in Neptune Lounge were not included.  I just boarded today and they are included in the HIA package.  

Boarding in Quebec was easy without waits.  MDR not open for lunch.  Several suites had the same issue….no keys waiting for them.  Concierge went downstairs to get them.  Dive In open with several grab and go selections.   SO easy! No luggage yet though at shortly after 1.  

• Like 4

Drinks from the Honor bar in the Neptune Lounge are included in the HIA as long as they are within the dollar amount per drink. We were charged $1.18 for some 12-dollar drinks when the limit was 11 on the Noordam in July. You fill out the form and leave it and I gather the Neptune Lounge concierge processes it when they have a spare moment.

Edited by Wehwalt
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, glorialagos said:

If I remember correctly, the change was made and quickly rescinded after much backlash from passengers.  It is now back to the honor bar with HIA honored.

I wondered if the literature had been incorrect or the rescinded the change.  

in other news so much for priority bags.  It’s so odd.  People boarding now are having the metal carts of luggage sent straight into the ship.  I boarded early and see my bags in a stack of bins that are not being touched for loading.  

25 minutes ago, alwaysfrantic said:

I wondered if the literature had been incorrect or the rescinded the change.  

in other news so much for priority bags.  It’s so odd.  People boarding now are having the metal carts of luggage sent straight into the ship.  I boarded early and see my bags in a stack of bins that are not being touched for loading.  

I am not sure if priority luggage delivery exists on HAL.  It doesn't seem like it happens even with a Neptune Suite.

36 minutes ago, FlorenceItaly said:

I am not sure if priority luggage delivery exists on HAL.  It doesn't seem like it happens even with a Neptune Suite.

I’ve actually never not had it right away.  It’s been sitting outside for 4 hours.  Maybe I’ve just been lucky previously 

• Like 1

Just now, alwaysfrantic said:

I’ve actually never not had it right away.  It’s been sitting outside for 4 hours.  Maybe I’ve just been lucky previously 

Perhaps!  We've only had one NS and it did not come quickly.  Nor, did it with Club Orange but I don't think CO claims to give priority with luggage.  It would drive me crazy to see it sitting there when I want to unpack, lol.

13 minutes ago, alwaysfrantic said:

It must depend on the ship or the port.  

I’ve always had it quickly too.  On the Prinsendam we barely got in the room and the luggage was there. Quick on the Oosterdam and surprised on the Koningsdam when it was delivered fast.  Koningsdam was just a verandah but with Club Orange.

If it’s delayed, I wouldn’t sit around and wait for it - too many other things to do 😉 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, FlorenceItaly said:

This is not related to HAL, but when I flew a lot on business I always had priority tags placed on my luggage because of my status.  My luggage always seemed to come out about halfway through the process, usually after a lot of untagged luggage. 

4 minutes ago, sciencewonk said:

This is not related to HAL, but when I flew a lot on business I always had priority tags placed on my luggage because of my status.  My luggage always seemed to come out about halfway through the process, usually after a lot of untagged luggage. 

If your luggage is going through a connection airport it is boarded on a plane as it is received without priority status behind bags already stowed away.. If your flight is a non stop or direct flight your priority luggage is usually first off.

1 minute ago, sciencewonk said:

We have been flying Business class lately and our luggage does come quickly.

• Like 1

OP, which beverage package do you have with your HIA?  There isn't a standard HIA package - some have the Signature Beverage Package and some have the Elite Beverage Package.  There is a difference.  From HAL's site:

You will notice that under the Signature it states that the Honor Bar is excluded,, while under the Elite there isn't any mention of the Honor Bar being excluded.

Screenshot 2023-09-03 at 3.30.51 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-09-03 at 3.31.48 PM.png

• Like 1

8 hours ago, cbr663 said:

You will notice that under the Signature it states that the Honor Bar is excluded,

That rash decision was reversed pretty quickly after many people let HAL know it was a terrible policy to exclude the Neptune Honor Bar from the beverage packages.  OP stated that the packages both can now be used at the Neptune honor bar.....as it should be!!!

~Nancy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1