I found a GREAT price for a Haven Suite, and here it is!

Sthrngary

Hello All Of You Haven Fans:

We have so many Haven Amenities threads that a search could find almost any topic related to the Haven. How about when any of us find a GREAT Haven Price, we share it with the board.  As with many of you, I simply love the Haven.  However, the price has gotten a bit to rich for my blood.  Let's help everyone else out when we find a deal.  

Cruise well and enjoy every moment. 

• Like 9

This is NOT meant to be a joke.  I am asking for everyone who checks pricing on Haven Suites, to let us all know the deals.  To make this a joke would have been cruel of me.  Everyone knows I love the Haven, yet when I get the second nicest suite on a premium-plus/luxury brand for 10-day Mediterranean Cruise less then a 7 day Haven Suite, I have to consider the alternatives.

Yet if there was a Haven deal which do happen, I would be considering it.  Many of us feel the same way. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Sthrngary said:

This is NOT meant to be a joke.  I am asking for everyone who checks pricing on Haven Suites, to let us all know the deals.  To make this a joke would have been cruel of me.  Everyone knows I love the Haven, yet when I get the second nicest suite on a premium-plus/luxury brand for 10-day Mediterranean Cruise less then a 7 day Haven Suite, I have to consider the alternatives.

Yet if there was a Haven deal which do happen, I would be considering it.  Many of us feel the same way. 

I wasn’t trying to be flip about your intent…I believe it is a very valid post.  So…for my previous comment,  I apologize.  It’s just the subject title …it’s a little “bait and switch”.   I really am sorry that my reaction may have sidelined your intent.

And, yes, I believe based on comparison shopping, NCL has some pipe dreams about what the mainstream cruisers are willing to pay.  

Edited by laudergayle
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, laudergayle said:

I wasn’t trying to be flip about your intent…I believe it is a very valid post.  So…for my previous comment,  I apologize.  It’s just the subject title …it’s a little “bait and switch”.   I really am sorry that my reaction may have sidelined your intent.

And, yes, I believe based on comparison shopping, NCL has some pipe dreams about what the mainstream cruisers are willing to pay.  

@laudergayle You are GREAT and I might have over reacted.  To be honest, truly thought when every ones FCC were used, the prices would come down.  I was wrong.  

Edited by Sthrngary
  • Like 3

Ahhh, so you started it! I'm sorry you didn't find an amazing price. Here's my hypothetical:

Does anyone consider the cruise below a great enough price that they would actually book this room? I was flabbergasted when I saw this. I actually was loud enough that a co-worker heard my exclamation through the office wall. Oooops! Thankfully, it wasn't my trademark expletive phrase.

Here goes, are you ready to enjoy a 11 day voyage on Norwegian Gem for the small, small price of $78,483. Also - just noticed the new way NCL is displaying the full cost. No more price breakdown? What's up with that? Anyway, to whomever the lucky duck is that snags that heck of a deal on Gem, I hope you enjoy your holiday celebrations!

image.thumb.png.fe5955b3fc7b5a8f20c593733a1bdb5b.png

Don't worry, I'll post my actual deal later on.

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

Ok here you go.  After my Mom took all her kids and their spouses on an Alaskan cruise in 2008, I have wanted to do the same with my children and their families.  Almost did it in 2020, but COVID forced cancelation of the cruise.  Turned out just as well because our DIL decided, and ergo so did our son, that she doesn't like cruising.

One of the challenges has been timing. Work and sport schedules have always gotten in the way.  As has costs.  Inflated prices for spring break, summer, and Christmas holiday cruises just didn't work out for me.

About 6-weeks ago I decided to check what might be available this coming holiday season.  Options were limited and prices were high.  I then took note that our grandkids' holiday break began a week later than normal and started to research what was available after Christmas.

Bingo, found a 7-night cruise aboard the Epic out of Port Canaveral with the Deluxe Owner's suite and adjoining 2-BR family suite available for what I consider to be a fantastic price for 6 passengers.  The cruise departs Sunday, Jan 7th.  The kids don't return to school until the 9th and have 1/2 day of school on the 12th and they have the 15th off.  Bottom line, they will miss 2 1/2 days of school.  But their Mom and Dad are OK with that.

A real big perk associated with this cruise is that GS's BD is Dec 27th, GD's Jan 3rd, and DD Jan 12th.  We will be able to enjoy a belated holiday and BD cruise and also be able to celebrate DD's birthday at sea.

Such a deal!   

Edited by Traveling Fools
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Traveling Fools said:

Ok here you go.  After my Mom took all her kids and their spouses on an Alaskan cruise in 2008, I have wanted to do the same with my children and their families.  Almost did it in 2020, but COVID forced cancelation of the cruise.  Turned out just as well because our DIL decided, and ergo so did our son, that she doesn't like cruising.

One of the challenges has been timing. Work and sport schedules have always gotten in the way.  As has costs.  Inflated prices for spring break, summer, and Christmas holiday cruises just didn't work out for me.

About 6-weeks ago I decided to check what might be available this coming holiday season.  Options were limited and prices were high.  I then took note that our grandkids' holiday break began a week later than normal and started to research what was available after Christmas.

Bingo, found a 7-night cruise aboard the Epic out of Port Canaveral with the Deluxe Owner's suite and adjoining 2-BR family suite available for what I consider to be a fantastic price for 6 passengers.  The cruise departs Sunday, Jan 7th.  The kids don't return to school until the 9th and have 1/2 day of school on the 12th and they have the 15th off.  Bottom line, they will miss 2 1/2 days of school.  But their Mom and Dad are OK with that.

A real big perk associated with this cruise is that GS's BD is Dec 27th, GD's Jan 3rd, and DD Jan 12th.  We will be able to enjoy a belated holiday and BD cruise and also be able to celebrate DD's birthday at sea.

Such a deal!   

Congrats on your deal.  From what I’ve read…Epic has one of the best Haven space.  Happy Birthdays to your GS, GD and DD…enjoy your cruise.

• Like 1

Great deals on the Epic TA out of Rome on December 1.  16 nights to Cape Canaveral.  Lots of Haven cabins still available starting around $3400 a person.  We got a 2BR suite.  Between the 10% military discount and an additional 20% coupon I had for European sailings we got a great deal, paying less than 8k all in, including gratuities and all perks.  Prices are continuing to fall.  We got two price reductions before final payment.  Prices have dropped once more since then.  We’re holding off, but will try for an additional FCC when I think the prices have reached a bottom.  

• Like 4

We're going to Barcelona in November for a Thanksgiving cruise! The most surprising part is that we found a room on Pr1ma that was within our budget after seeing fares skyrocketing. I thought it would be two to three years before sailed on her. Well, our opportunity is coming up in less than 80 days! We booked at 112 days out (I think) taking advantage of plummeting fares as generally happens after the final payment date. To be fair, we're in an HE - the lowest level Haven room. I'm going to rue the day when NCL decides to tier their Haven suite benefits like Celebrity and Royal Caribbean!

Our cruise is an eleven day Transatlantic from Barcelona to NYC which is perfect as we only had to secure air one way. We didn't purchase NCL insurance - I'm looking into securing insurance through AIG or AXA, but am, as of yet, undecided. We've booked one shore excursion in Bermuda. And, of course paid our taxes, fees, and Free at Sea gratuities, plus we pre-paid our gratuities. And, as with any cruise we go on (except our Joy cruise), we purchased a thermal suite pass. I say all that to say, the price we paid includes everything mentioned.

We are all-in at $8,532.07 ($387.82 per person/per day). Not a small number, but definitely not a crazy insane price when you know it includes absolutely everything for our cruise (except that aforementioned travel insurance I've yet to purchase). We each had a $1,303 FCC from a previously canceled cruise (we canceled, NCL didn't) and a Cruise Next certificate. After these, we paid a total of $5,676.07 which is $258 per person, per day. I figure the FCC and Cruise Next are sunk costs, so am not counting them in that pp/pd rate. Pretty stinking good! Whether you count it or not, it's still a d@mn good deal! I've seen balcony rooms on week long cruises go for more!

Since booking, there have been two price drops on the HE category rooms which would have saved an even-later cruiser about $1,000 per person off our price. We weren't able to take advantage of the price drop as we booked the NCL BOGO Airfare. Oh well! We're still happy with what we paid.

NCL be having deals if you're flexible with your travel dates, book after final payment (we almost always book after final payment), and don't really care where your cruise goes.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

NCL be having deals if you're flexible with your travel dates, book after final payment (we almost always book after final payment)

That is one reason we have not booked anything for 2024.  We do have a 2025 bucket list reserved…but, for once, we are going to look for after-final-payment deals.  We will see…

• Like 1

There are some good prices for Alaska cruises on the Joy 2025 if you can sail in April or May. We snagged a great deal on the Haven Family Suite for an 9-day cruise for around $10,000 for 4. Got it a few months ago but it is still showing decent prices. 

Edited by HBCcruiser
  • Like 1

Out of curiosity, I went hunting to see what sort of amazing Haven offers I might be able to find. This one jumped out at me:

NCL Prima
Nov 11, 2023
9 Night, Rome to Barcelona
HE Penthouse
$4,871.12 USD total for 2 people, including dining/beverage FAS gratuities, taxes and fees.
The TA site that I checked is also offering $500 OBC for the sailing (which can be used to cover the DSCs).

Other Haven suites were also available for not much more (all <$800 pp more). 

Granted, flights might be pricy depending on where you are flying in from, but this is a great deal for someone who can get to Europe!

• Like 5

There have been some good deals out of Southampton on Getaway.

I managed to nab 16 night in courtyard for £2,399pp including free at sea costs (I think you guys in the US still pay gratuities on FAS, is this the same when you book Haven? In the U.K. we pay a set fee for FAS, but it’s included for a haven bookings)

My MIL is on the cruise after a couple of days ago the last few cabins for 1st October (11 night) sailing were £1,675pp for a courtyard. They gone though 2-Bed are left for £2,595pp

Edited by rattla
  • Like 3

16 hours ago, Sthrngary said:

Hello All Of You Haven Fans:

We have so many Haven Amenities threads that a search could find almost any topic related to the Haven. How about when any of us find a GREAT Haven Price, we share it with the board.  As with many of you, I simply love the Haven.  However, the price has gotten a bit to rich for my blood.  Let's help everyone else out when we find a deal.  

Booked 12 night Transatlantic on the Epic 4/7/24 and 10 night Med. Took the 2 bedroom for $9,200 for the 2 of us on the trans. Price was only $100 more than 1 bedroom. Normally do insides so we can cruise at least 6 times per year. Haven has been on our bucket list for awhile but prices are just so out of line for us. We get to cross 3 things off list - Transatlantic, Haven and 10 night Italy & Greece. We are moving to a balcony for 2nd part (will put bid in for haven for 10 night). Haven on 10 night was $5,000 more.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, xcell said:

Here it is in CDN.... 

Your price is like $8900 cdn.... I think we are being hosed...

Screenshot_20230903-074233.png

Unusual as ours usually come out more than booking from US, maybe Canada is different?

do they include flights or is that the standard cruise only package? Wondering if any difference as these are sailing from U.K.?

Edited by rattla

Just now, rattla said:

Unusual as ours usually come out more than booking from US, maybe Canada is different?

do they include flights or is that the standard cruise only package?

That price is total, NO flights but the drink package (if I remove it, I save $900 -- considering no one else in my party drinks, I might remove it next time), and specialty dining.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Got this I booked in June….2 BR Haven Suite 11 Day France, Spain and Italy.  Not the cheapest, as I think I scored a $4,400 Haven Spa Suite all in right after the restart!

Cruise $ 4550.68
Add-ons $ 259.60
Taxes & Fees $ 148.27
Total Amount (USD) $ 4958.55
Total Paid $ 4958.55
Paid in Full

Please pre-register at www.ncl.com to obtain your electronic boarding documents.

CRUISE DETAILS

Cruise Line NORWEGIAN CRUISE LINE
Ship NORWEGIAN EPIC
Deck DECK 16
Itinerary 11 NIGHT EUROPE - CLASSIC MEDITERRANEAN
Start Date 10/02/2023 (11 Nights) 
Dining Open
Category / Cabin No. H6 - THE HAVEN 2-BEDROOM FAMILY VILLA WITH LARGE BALCONY / NO. XXXXX
Cruise Line Res # XXXXXXXXXXX

Edited by graphicguy
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2