Caveat Emptor

PaulaJK

Mariner hair salon

shampoo and blow dry, short hair is $79, plus 22% service charge.  Total $97.80. Onboard services are often more expensive than on land but

I find this outrageous..imagine if you had had other usual and customary services such as a hair cut. Wow..and ouch.

1 hour ago, PaulaJK said:

Mariner hair salon

shampoo and blow dry, short hair is $79, plus 22% service charge.  Total $97.80. Onboard services are often more expensive than on land but

I find this outrageous..imagine if you had had other usual and customary services such as a hair cut. Wow..and ouch.

Aloha. It may be cheaper for us to take a cruise and have our hair done at sea than at a Salon in Manhattan lol!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, registrar said:

WOW! 79 dollars! 
How are the blow dryers in the cabins?

I’m wondering if I should bring mine from home. Looks like I will be doing my own hair

WOW that is totally outrageous. It has gone up in gratuity since we were on in July

Of course Regent outsources the Spa but they should know these prices are ridiculous. Having said that, they always seem to be busy!!!

A lot of Spa "traffic" is due to guests utilizing OBCs furnished either directly from Regent as an incentive to frequent same; and/or from one's TA.  Same goes for somewhat overpriced store "stuff".  That store and spa traffic increases toward the end of a cruise segment when guests either use, or loose, the nonrefundable portion of OBCs.  

GOARMY!

• Like 1