Any insight for embarking from San Pedro Berth 55?

hatchda

I have only embarked on a cruise from San Pedro Berth 92/93. My cruise in January 2024 lists Berth 55 for embarkation. 

Does anyone know if I just need to be dropped off at Berth 55 or is there is different process? I have read that some had to drop off luggage at Berth 92/93 and then shuttle to Berth 55. 

Which cruise line and ship? We live in Long Beach CA about 15 minutes from San Pedro and Long Beach ports. We will be on Carnival Panorama 8 day Mexican Riviera NYE cruise December 30, 2023 to January 7, 2024. All the times we have been to these ports, you go directly to the cruise ship. 

1 hour ago, roydio1948 said:

Which cruise line and ship? We live in Long Beach CA about 15 minutes from San Pedro and Long Beach ports. We will be on Carnival Panorama 8 day Mexican Riviera NYE cruise December 30, 2023 to January 7, 2024. All the times we have been to these ports, you go directly to the cruise ship. 

Discovery Princess.  I believe you are correct about the port and ship drop off. I live in Anaheim Hills and have been debating on if I want to drive and park or use a car service. If I have to go to port 55, then I will use a car service. Thanks again. 

We went on our 1st Princess cruise in 2022 on Discovery, new ship and beautiful, we’re used to the bigger ships from RC, but it was a free cruise lol! So far we’ve gotten 5 free Princess cruises so going on Sun November 2024, 14 day free cruise from Ft Lauderdale to East/Western Caribbean. Just go to the ship, there aren’t that many in SP or LB.

17 hours ago, hatchda said:

I have only embarked on a cruise from San Pedro Berth 92/93. My cruise in January 2024 lists Berth 55 for embarkation. Does anyone know if I just need to be dropped off at Berth 55 or is there is different process? I have read that some had to drop off luggage at Berth 92/93 and then shuttle to Berth 55. 

Berth 55 is super unusual. That means there would be 4 ships in port I think. If Berths 92 & 93 are in use, Berth 46 is the next one up, with Berth 55 being the berth of last resort. In the past, when going to Berth 55, people checked in at Berth 91/92 and were bussed to Berth 55.

You might look in the Princess Forum to see if there are topics about it there.

Just want some ensurancs

43 minutes ago, scottca075 said:

Berth 55 is super unusual. That means there would be 4 ships in port I think. If Berths 92 & 93 are in use, Berth 46 is the next one up, with Berth 55 being the berth of last resort. In the past, when going to Berth 55, people checked in at Berth 91/92 and were bussed to Berth 55.

You might look in the Princess Forum to see if there are topics about it there.

Does Celebrity use the San Pedro cruise terminal. I want to make arrangements and want to make sure I'm using the correct port for embarkation. Celebrity just calls it LA. 

6 hours ago, doghog said:

Just want some ensurancs

Does Celebrity use the San Pedro cruise terminal. I want to make arrangements and want to make sure I'm using the correct port for embarkation. Celebrity just calls it LA. 

Yes, Celebrity uses San Pedro.  Only Carnival uses Long Beach.

11 hours ago, doghog said:

Just want some ensurances. Does Celebrity use the San Pedro cruise terminal. I want to make arrangements and want to make sure I'm using the correct port for embarkation. Celebrity just calls it LA. 

Yes, Celebrity uses San Pedro. 90% of the cruises from San Pedro use Berth 92 & 93, in the map below.

https://goo.gl/maps/r2oFLKYHkpQCWnaq8

But they can only accommodate two ships. In the very rare occasion that San Pedro has 3 or 4 ships they'll use Berth 46 & 55, called the Outer Harbor. In the map below you can see the distance between the two.

https://goo.gl/maps/PaJUzmq7mSm5LBfq9

I believe Berth 46 has the capability to do check in, if the cruise line chooses to. I don't think Berth 55 does yet.

• Thanks 1