Les 3 Brasseurs, Noumea

bazzaw

26 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

I describe it as being like manly to people.

Someone once said it’s just a mining camp in the middle of the pacific but it’s evolving Julie .

I think many people expect it to be like Honolulu and then get disappointed when it isn't.

• Like 1

Noumea was our first overseas family holiday in 1980. Our two boys were aged 2 and 4. We spent a week there and had a great time. We had also done three years of French in highschool which helped a little. The kids, one with blonde hair, the other auburn were a hit with the local native population and Japanese tourists  - they loved the attention.

Have been back about three times since and always found something new, interesting and different.

• Like 1

If you love French food my recommendations are the two creperies in Lemon Bay - La Gavotte right up the end near the road that goes to the aquarium, 2nd HOHO stop and La Pastaga which is closer to the first HOHO stop.  

Both do beautiful savoury galettes and sweet crepes with lovely views of the beach.  Gavotte definitely has the option of menu in English, from memory Pastaga does too but if not their staff speak English well.