Captain's Club Tier Change During Cruise?

cruzintiger

My husband and I are 3 points away from moving up to next tier level (Elite) on our Captain's Club account. Will our status change during our upcoming cruise or do we have to wait until the cruise is completed? We are in Aqua class to will technically have the points after our first night. Anyone have any experience with this? Thanks in advance.

Edited by cruzintiger
Wanted to add something.

• cruzintiger changed the title to Captain's Club Tier Change During Cruise?

Don’t count on that happening. If you think about it, every single person changes tiers partway through a cruise. And the standard operating procedure is that it kicks in on the next cruise. You may find a Captains Club post who is willing to grant it earlier, but those exceptions are few and far between. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

All you can do is hope that they might offer a PowerUp point opportunity that would get you the extra points prior to your cruise. Otherwise you have to wait until the next cruise to see the new tier.

cruisestitch,

please keep these posts confined to the PowerUp Points thread!

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

Don’t count on that happening. If you think about it, every single person changes tiers partway through a cruise. And the standard operating procedure is that it kicks in on the next cruise. You may find a Captains Club post who is willing to grant it earlier, but those exceptions are few and far between. 

I agree with @cruisestitch.  Accruing enough points while on a cruise to move to the next tier happens to almost everyone.  Even when we gained sufficient points to move to Zenith on the middle leg of a B2B2B we didn't become Zenith until the third leg.

Don’t happen.  You don’t get any points until the cruise is completed. 

As others posted it happens to everyone.  You aren’t unique.   We needed 1 point to reach Elite and didn’t get to Elite until the next cruise.  

Either try to get the points needed by the power up or take a short cruise prior to.   My advice is just wait.  I wouldn’t book another cruise for the extra points just to get to Elite as the benefits aren’t as great as you think they are and the money you spend on the extra cruise will be a lot more than what you receive back unless you want a few more days of cruising.  

The first cruise we had when elite also included all the perks thru a promo.   Every cruise since had the drink pack included.   We used the laundry a few times but only for stuff we didn’t care about getting ruined.   The washing seems to destroy elastic. Rarely go to the elite breakfast because we are always in AQ or go to the main dining room if not.   The Spa cafe is also nice. 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

3 hours ago, cruzintiger said:

My husband and I are 3 points away from moving up to next tier level (Elite) on our Captain's Club account. Will our status change during our upcoming cruise or do we have to wait until the cruise is completed? We are in Aqua class to will technically have the points after our first night. Anyone have any experience with this? Thanks in advance.

No. You'll have to wait. Now you will have something new to look forward to on the next cruise.