Zero proof, non-alcohol drinks

lorimay

I searched but couldn't find this topic for Regent. Do the bars have zero proof "alcohol"? There are zero proof versions of vodka, gin, etc. and also wines. Just wondering if they will be available on our upcoming cruise. Thanks!

There was a section of "virgin" drinks on the menu at the bars.  My wife did not like the taste of most drinks so she was very happy to get the drink mixers with no gin, bourbon, or rum.  I hate to admit it, but her taste in wine went towards Boones Farm and after various tastes on the first night they kept a special bottle that she liked for her.

For myself, I do not care for the "virgin" drinks, seems to be too much of sugar, or lime, or sour.  Several NA "liquors" are showing up that to me make some nice mixed drinks.  These are what I would like to see in the various bars.  Last trip I did get a NA Gin in our cabin and that was nice.  It made a good G & T to refresh while getting ready for dinner.

Thanks for the information. Zero alcohol “liquors” are becoming very popular as more people are giving up alcohol. I agree that most of the virgin drinks are just too sweet. I would really like to be able to go for a pre dinner drink and be able to get a mixed drink that tastes like a real cocktail. Is it worth contacting them and asking that some of the zero alcohol spirits be available in the bars? 

Recently we've come across a brand of non-alcoholic spirits which were very impressive when tasted in a non-alcoholic drinks pairing by the driver in our party.  This is their uk website, but they have surely got other international outlets.

https://lyres.co.uk/

Anyone else come across them?

Edited by Gilly