Princess Cruises - Soft Drink Options

maei0

Hi all,

My husband and I are travelling on Princess (Coral) later this year. We're deciding whether to purchase a drinks package or just pay as we go.

Thing is, neither of us drink alcohol at all. We have about 2 coffees a day, but most importantly we're fiends for Lemon Lime Bitters. Any other soft drink we're not too fussed, we can take it or leave it, but I can't find any information about what non-alcoholic drinks are being served on Princess. If it's just coke, sprite, fanta, and some hot chocolates we'll probably take our chances and pay per drink...

Anyone have some solid info on this? Much appreciated!

I have always bought a soda package, as I'm not a big Alcohol drinker, as it included the mocktails and hot chocolate.

However they have since taken the Hot Chocolate out of the soda package.

I believe the current soda packages are:-

New $15 soda package covers fountain sodas, fresh juices (if available), mocktails, and smoothies.

The new Coffee & Soda Package $36 includes all specialty or premium coffees and teas, hot chocolate, fountain sodas, fresh juices (if available), Frappes at Coffee & Cones, mocktails, and smoothies as per the menu, Red Bull and Milk Shakes (if available).

The Mocktails are now $8 I believe.

So are they worth it?

It would depend on how much you drink, I tend to enjoy the Mocktails, but would need to drink about 3 to 4 of those plus some Hot Chocolate, and juice to make $36 value.

So would probably go just the soda package.

See below sample soft drink menus from a couple of years back to give you some idea of what to expect.

Regards

John

image.thumb.jpeg.b62bb471bf859c794fe382250d30e419.jpeg

image.jpeg.21105c720c71a2ca902534cc0ab3cb9a.jpeg

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

In addition to above, you can each bring 12 loose cans of soft drink in your hand luggage. Having some cans of LLB in the fridge is a good back-up.

My wife has no probs getting Vodka & LLB, so they should be able to do a virgin LLB at the bars. Not being on the above list though would suggest it might not be included with the soda package.

My overall reasoning - if you need to justify whether a package is worth it, usually it isn't.

Edited by arxcards
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ozwoody said:

I have always bought a soda package, as I'm not a big Alcohol drinker, as it included the mocktails and hot chocolate.

However they have since taken the Hot Chocolate out of the soda package.

I believe the current soda packages are:-

New $15 soda package covers fountain sodas, fresh juices (if available), mocktails, and smoothies.

The new Coffee & Soda Package $36 includes all specialty or premium coffees and teas, hot chocolate, fountain sodas, fresh juices (if available), Frappes at Coffee & Cones, mocktails, and smoothies as per the menu, Red Bull and Milk Shakes (if available).

The Mocktails are now $8 I believe.

So are they worth it?

It would depend on how much you drink, I tend to enjoy the Mocktails, but would need to drink about 3 to 4 of those plus some Hot Chocolate, and juice to make $36 value.

So would probably go just the soda package.

See below sample soft drink menus from a couple of years back to give you some idea of what to expect.

Regards

John

image.thumb.jpeg.b62bb471bf859c794fe382250d30e419.jpeg

image.jpeg.21105c720c71a2ca902534cc0ab3cb9a.jpeg

Plus most of the bartenders can make non-alcohol versions of some popular cocktails.

45 minutes ago, arxcards said:

In addition to above, you can each bring 12 loose cans of soft drink in your hand luggage. Having some cans of LLB in the fridge is a good back-up.

On Princess there is no restriction on the quantity and type (can or bottle) of soft drinks you can bring onboard, and it doesn't have to be loose. Sealed packs can be labelled with a luggage tag and handed in with your baggage to be delivered to your cabin. 

1 hour ago, arxcards said:

My wife has no probs getting Vodka & LLB, so they should be able to do a virgin LLB at the bars. Not being on the above list though would suggest it might not be included with the soda package.

My overall reasoning - if you need to justify whether a package is worth it, usually it isn't.

Yep, If your interested attached is my drink package evaluation spread sheet.

Prices quoted on it are old, you would need to check current prices.

At bottom of each week numbers in BLUE are the variables for the packages, currently using Princess drink packages.

Johns Princess Drinks Package Eval.xlsx

I was on Coral Princess in March and purchased the Classic Soda  package onboard for $23 per day. That package included sodas, mocktails and some juices,but not coffees. I drank lots of lemon lime bitters during the cruise and enjoyed them, along with zero mojitos and zero pina coladas. With the mocktails you are not limited to what is on the menu. They will make up lots of drinks alcohol free.  I did not try any juices other than the normal free breakfast juices.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Relaxing Robbies said:

I was on Coral Princess in March and purchased the Classic Soda  package onboard for $23 per day. That package included sodas, mocktails and some juices,but not coffees. I drank lots of lemon lime bitters during the cruise and enjoyed them, along with zero mojitos and zero pina coladas. With the mocktails you are not limited to what is on the menu. They will make up lots of drinks alcohol free.  I did not try any juices other than the normal free breakfast juices.

Is the basic soda package now $23aud?

What's the coffee and soda now?

1 hour ago, Ozwoody said:

Is the basic soda package now $23aud?

What's the coffee and soda now?

https://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/food-and-dining/beverages/

I checked my onboard account printout for that cruise and yes it was AUD $23.00 per day. The website linked above quotes USD $14.99 plus gratuities, so that seems right.

I do not drink coffee so I did not price the package that included coffees. The website linked above quotes USD $29.99 plus 18% gratuities for the Zero Alcohol package. I guess that would probably be AUD $46 per day.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Relaxing Robbies said:

https://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/food-and-dining/beverages/

I checked my onboard account printout for that cruise and yes it was AUD $23.00 per day. The website linked above quotes USD $14.99 plus gratuities, so that seems right.

I do not drink coffee so I did not price the package that included coffees. The website linked above quotes USD $29.99 plus 18% gratuities for the Zero Alcohol package. I guess that would probably be AUD $46 per day.

Close! AU $45pp per day. 😊 They always show the AU price under the Terms and Conditions for each package.

10 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

On Princess there is no restriction on the quantity and type (can or bottle) of soft drinks you can bring onboard, and it doesn't have to be loose. Sealed packs can be labelled with a luggage tag and handed in with your baggage to be delivered to your cabin. 

They do have restrictions. It is curious they have it detailed in the US passage contract, but not in the AU one. Wording extracted from the current US passage contract =

“A small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages (i.e., sparkling water, sodas, juice, milk) packaged in cans or cartons may be brought on board on embarkation day, only if carried on in Guests’ hand luggage (not in checked luggage). A small quantity is considered a maximum of 12 sealed, unopened cans/cartons of 12 ounces each or less per person. Guests will be asked to discard open beverages in plastic containers prior to boarding". Also mentioned ... drinks packaged in bottles aren’t allowed.

What is even weirder is that wording was first applied to P&O Australia nearly 10 years ago, and still applies to Carnival & P&O here. If they don't apply it to Princess in Australia, great.

15 hours ago, Relaxing Robbies said:

Perfect! This is exactly what I needed to hear, thank you.

I'll be going with the basic soda package at $23/day for the mocktails/LLB, and probably the Zero-Alcohol one for hubs at $45/day because why not. Even if we threw in both wifi devices (only other thing Plus has we wanted) we'll be saving ~$300. ❤️ 

Edited by maei0

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/7/2023 at 2:37 AM, maei0 said:

I'll be going with the basic soda package at $23/day for the mocktails/LLB, and probably the Zero-Alcohol one for hubs at $45/day

Woah, no I won't. When they did update the prices? New Princess Package prices in AUD$ according to the website's "cruise personalizer":

Basic Soda: $33.50/day

Zero-Alcohol: $65.50/day

We'll definitely be paying as we go instead. Just a heads up for other non-drinkers with the same mindset as us.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villageidit said:

Still shows at 23 AUD on mine. I did have an issue where they charged me $23 USD for the package. They couldn't understand the problem and I canceled it. Trying to get it rebooked at the correct price.

I wonder if that's exactly what's happening here. The $23 package accidentally being "converted" from USD back into AUD resulting in a higher amount, closer to the current $33 I'm seeing:

Screenshot 2023-09-26 183855.png

15 hours ago, maei0 said:

I wonder if that's exactly what's happening here. The $23 package accidentally being "converted" from USD back into AUD resulting in a higher amount, closer to the current $33 I'm seeing:

Screenshot 2023-09-26 183855.png

Quite probably. That bug has been in the Princess online software for years.

11 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Just to add to the confusion I checked one of my bookings, 2025, Queensland, and got this:

Screenshot_20230927-152433_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.4b79312b91ce1bc8185726b911d39fc0.jpg

The T&Cs showed AU$23.

Jeez, I wish Princess would fix their online software!

For mine - all $AU cruises:

Nov '23 - 3 nights domestic - $31.05

Feb '24 - 3 nights domestic - $33.35

July '25 - 57 nights - $25.65

Consistently inconsistent.