Live From The Carnival Freedom: Crossing the Atlantic for a New Whale Tail

jam19872016

2 hours ago, jam19872016 said:

Good morning.

The time on my phone rolled back an hour. Very odd because I don't even have a Sim card installed. I manually adjusted it back to the correct time.

And now I just looked and it's an hour ahead. Goodness.

Anyway going to see if I can get into the dining room for breakfast before it closes.

You should be able to configure the phone for manual control of date & time and time zone. In Android it's under Date and time in General settings.

If you do turn off automatic date, time and time zone don't forget to turn them back on when you get home. 🙂

5 minutes ago, broberts said:

You should be able to configure the phone for manual control of date & time and time zone. In Android it's under Date and time in General settings.

If you do turn off automatic date, time and time zone don't forget to turn them back on when you get home. 🙂

It kept jumping around when I chose date and time and adjusted the time manually so I tried time zone and chose New York and so far it's behaving. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jam19872016 said:

I stepped on it twice to be sure and it's mine from home. But yes let's go with that, good answer 😆

If I move my scale a few feet over, I can get a completely different reading.  Might be worth a shot 😉

~Bernadette

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

10 minutes ago, hard_eight said:

I'm under the impression that gravity is higher in the Caribbean, therefore your scale is affected.

I have found when I go to my mom's house I instantly lose 2lbs that I put back on when I travel back home. I'm sure that's part of the weight gain so quick.

Gravity is weird lol.

Just now, Ciaranaman said:

If I move my scale a few feet over, I can get a completely different reading.  Might be worth a shot 😉

~Bernadette

I'll try that tomorrow 😆 I weight before I eat and after I take care of umm any morning business so today's weight has been logged. Tomorrow may not get an accurate reading or any reading if the ship is rocking too much.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

I spy the bottle of water! Smart move👍😁

I grab one with most drinks but I confess, I'm stockpiling for Barcelona so I don't have to spend precious euros on water. 

Cheers ends after tomorrow so more water will be in my diet soon.

• Like 11

Lunch was good.

The fish tacos were crispy and fresh.

The buffet was good, and I don't usually try Carnival buffets. Even the meatball was good which I would not even dare to try if the food hadn't been so good overall so far.

Dessert was also good and had my stomach screaming out at me to give it a rest 😆

I think I'm gonna see about taking a nap 😴

• Like 9

Here we go again. We've just left Grand Turk. The rolling is slow but VERY deep. I feel like I'm on a see saw. 

I came back to the room for a motion pill. Laying down for a few minutes and hopefully in a half hour or so I'll be fine.

Mardi Gras behind us.

20230914_162101.thumb.jpg.36a979de66f6fe51b9ea71b33f41da82.jpg

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, balcony bound said:

You might think about taking bonine (or whatever) every day since it takes a while to work...might help, and I don't think you're seeing the last of a lot of motion.

You're probably right I was just feeling so much better it completely slipped my mind until we started bobbing. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, jam19872016 said:

With all the rocking I haven't been able to weight since Monday since the scale needs a flat non movomg surface. I knew it was gonna be bad but OMG....I've already gained 9.8 lbs. Holy cow.

Steps:

Screenshot_20230914-095329_Pacer.thumb.jpg.b8d75b9777402fd0dcfdf19b471e77b1.jpg

Is that the scale in the gym?  You could weigh a free weight and see if it's accurate.  Or not😉

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, jam19872016 said:

Here we go again. We've just left Grand Turk. The rolling is slow but VERY deep. I feel like I'm on a see saw. 

I came back to the room for a motion pill. Laying down for a few minutes and hopefully in a half hour or so I'll be fine....

and green apple - don't forget to eat a green apple every time you take those pills. 🍏 hope you feel better soon.

• Like 4