Live From The Carnival Freedom: Crossing the Atlantic for a New Whale Tail

jam19872016

Good morning.

No plans today except to enjoy a lazy sea day.

I've missed breakfast but that is OK, I'm not a big breakfast person and I used to always wait until lunch to eat I've just been up earlier than usual since I've been traveling with an early bird. I will go do my walking and by then it should be close to opening time for lunch. 

• Like 10

8 hours ago, Gumbo4Life said:

Really enjoying the continuation of your journey, glad you are keeping it LIVE!  Learning quite a lot about Cunard from your experience and it is helpful as we are looking at a TA RT to/from US/UK in the future. Enjoy!! 

Thank you!

I hope to continue doing round trip TAs such a great way to visit Europe without flying. The Cunard version doesn't work for me since it drops me off in New York but it's definitely a great option for those who don't need to return to Florida. I think you guys will enjoy if you choose Cunard. 

• Like 10

19 hours ago, jam19872016 said:

Welcome home! So you see it too? Much younger crowd relatively speaking and even a small handful of kids.

Went straight to duty free and straight back didn't need to clear security either way. 

Disappointed with the selection and prices debating if I want to grab anything. 

In B they had really cute souvenirs I thought. Didn’t look at the prices. Going to get something on the way back maybe

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Blackjackboss said:

In B they had really cute souvenirs I thought. Didn’t look at the prices. Going to get something on the way back maybe

That was my plan too but we returned to a different terminal. B was much much bigger and better priced.

8 minutes ago, jam19872016 said:

Fish was hot and crispy and just perfect. The tuna was fresh and tasty. 

For dessert I got espresso roulade.

20231017_072706.thumb.jpg.3e05341a47e6801ac9106e167e3a232a.jpg

And sticky toffee pudding.

16975422893931376743103866040487.thumb.jpg.b0d5ff93bb7b1069283202cf5ab58d0d.jpg

All that walking and sea air = a great appetite!! You may have hit the jackpot with that dessert combo.
I’m glad you’re finding Cunard food different from “regular” cruise ship food. Yes, some offerings are not for everyone’s taste but why go on a vacation and have nachos and burgers? It’s great to try different food, especially items we can’t find here in the States. 

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, NE John said:

All that walking and sea air = a great appetite!! You may have hit the jackpot with that dessert combo.
I’m glad you’re finding Cunard food different from “regular” cruise ship food. Yes, some offerings are not for everyone’s taste but why go on a vacation and have nachos and burgers? It’s great to try different food, especially items we can’t find here in the States. 

I'm loving the food. Not just because it's different but because it's good. Like really, really good.

No nachos but I did enjoy that quesadilla yesterday 😆.

4 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

I am amazed - and impressed - you can eat so many helpings and lose weight. I struggle to finish most main courses yet usually return home a little heavier.

I'm still up almost 20 lbs from where I started 🤣. I think it's a combination of better quality food and less fatty sauces, and my body finally done storing every last calorie I consume.

It will be interesting to see if I can continue for another week with only minimal gain and more importantly, if the gain accelerates again once I'm back on Carnival. 

• Like 11

No tea time for me after that meal for sure. You know you ate too much when you look a food pictures on another review and feel nauseous 😕 .

Heading into the sauna now. Maybe I can sweat off some calories.

Edited by jam19872016
  • Like 3
  • Haha 9

4 hours ago, jam19872016 said:

Good morning.

No plans today except to enjoy a lazy sea day.

I've missed breakfast but that is OK, I'm not a big breakfast person and I used to always wait until lunch to eat I've just been up earlier than usual since I've been traveling with an early bird. I will go do my walking and by then it should be close to opening time for lunch. 

I might have missed it @jam19872016 but wondering if you'd tried room service yet (perhaps breakfast?), and what you might have thought about it?

Cheers...

• Thanks 1

On 10/9/2023 at 9:35 PM, ObstructedView2 said:

Hi @jam19872016🙂

I'm glad you knew that going in. Your voyage on Cunard is 14-nights, which means you'll have Four Gala Evenings. I wish you could experience just one. Even if it were just for the food alone.

Gala evenings on Cunard go beyond the dining room a lil bit and will have four different themes. Your sailing will have all four since its a 14-night. Black & White Theme. Red & Gold Theme. Masquerade Theme & Roaring 20's Theme. 

You'll find these themes throughout the ship on Gala Evenings. They'll be ship decorations; Musical acts performing throughout the night; Signature cocktails & dishes to the evenings theme in bars & restaurants, and so on..

They'll always be some passenger's that don't participate, so I certainly wouldn't sweat it at all. You won't be alone.

Loving what will eventually be, when completed, a 56-Day adventure! You're doing a terrific job with this review! WOW!

Happy sailing! You're making wonderful memories!

💃🍹💃

Hi @jam19872016🙂

⬆️ Remember that post from me? ⬆️

I'll inquire below.

⬇️Because of what you said here⬇️

1 hour ago, jam19872016 said:

I'm loving the food. Not just because it's different but because it's good. Like really, really good.

Hi @jam19872016🙂

Tonight I believe will be 'Gala Evening' number three during your Cunard adventure. Now that you know how terrific the food is & has been, will you be giving Gala Evening a try? There's only two left. The Gala Evening food alone is next level. Just to experience a Gala Evening once on Cunard is certainly an experience. I don't think you need to rent a tux & could get away with a suit jacket. 

Happy sailing @jam19872016!!

💃🍹💃

• Like 10

Had a nice lovely afternoon in the sauna admiring the view of Sardinia passing by.

Cooling back off now with my coffee. 

16975565925534199188102769992477.thumb.jpg.db25f83d44be139b4e9adf53beaa57b0.jpg

Enjoying it in the yacht club today since it's almost 6 and Gala night which means commodore club will require a tie.

I also had to stop by the room to change into long pants.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, ObstructedView2 said:

Hi @jam19872016🙂

⬆️ Remember that post from me? ⬆️

I'll inquire below.

⬇️Because of what you said here⬇️

Hi @jam19872016🙂

Tonight I believe will be 'Gala Evening' number three during your Cunard adventure. Now that you know how terrific the food is & has been, will you be giving Gala Evening a try? There's only two left. The Gala Evening food alone is next level. Just to experience a Gala Evening once on Cunard is certainly an experience. I don't think you need to rent a tux & could get away with a suit jacket. 

Happy sailing @jam19872016!!

💃🍹💃

Don't have one of those or a tie so it's gonna be either buffet or the pub tonight.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1