Live From The Carnival Freedom: Crossing the Atlantic for a New Whale Tail

jam19872016

2 minutes ago, Host Hattie said:

And think how exciting this thread will be if you get stranded 🤣

1 minute ago, Host Hattie said:

On second thoughts best stay on the ship ! It's what we've done on our last 2 trips to Civitavecchia. 

Not super exciting I wouldn't have any way to post 😆 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, jam19872016 said:

Do you think even a third party excursion would be too risky? The Cunard excursions are grossly marked up.

Never used one, but many people do. A major traffic snarl up would affect Cunard tours too, so the ship would wait.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, princess76021 said:

Then throw a coin in Trevi fountain!! 

I did!! So far been back 3 times 😁😁😁😁

Hugs from Texas

The more I think about it the more I think I'm gonna sit rome out. It's as common on Mediterranean itineraries as Nassau. Will be easy to get back again next time I'm out this way.

Carnival has just released both Mardi Gras and Valor doing these round trip TAs in 2025 so the wheels are already turning in my head about doing this again. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, jam19872016 said:

The more I think about it the more I think I'm gonna sit rome out. It's as common on Mediterranean itineraries as Nassau. Will be easy to get back again next time I'm out this way.

Carnival has just released both Mardi Gras and Valor doing these round trip TAs in 2025 so the wheels are already turning in my head about doing this again. 

I can dig up the third party we used it you're interested. 

Hugs

• Like 2

4 hours ago, jam19872016 said:

I'm on the fence about Rome. I know I need to do a tour if I want to experience it but I'm not sure my mom can handle the long journey 

This is the place that impressed me the most in Rome, more than any of the usual sights.  https://www.romesightseeing.net/basilica-of-san-clemente/  As you descend into the basilica, its like you are in a time machine.  And even though it is very near the Colosseum, not many tourists visit the basilica.

Edited by Petersonfcu
  • Like 3

Just now, Petersonfcu said:

This is the place that impressed me the most in Rome, more than any of the usual sights.  https://www.romesightseeing.net/basilica-of-san-clemente/  As you descend into the basilica, its like you are in a time machine.  And even though it is very near the Coliseum, not many tourists visit the basilica.

That sounds nice I'm really not feeling the crowds like Barcelona had. That was too much and I expect rome to be the same.

• Like 3

I won't say there is no nightlife onboard. I will say it's not for me.

The singers under the stars and the club music were poorly attended. It filled in for 50s and 60s trivia.

There was also another singing duo and they had a packed house. I don't know what they were singing but if I had to describe it I would say Irish folk music. Hard hard pass.

There has been nothing but praise from those onboard, they get their demographic and deliver what they like.

I'm back in the room and going to bed. 

Good night everyone. 

• Like 15

Good morning from Civitavecchia. 

I think today is going to be an errands day.

Laundry, check in for next cruise etc. 

I am going to ride the shuttle to where it drops me and take a look around but I think that's as far as I'm getting today.

• Like 10