What's up with Princess's website?

edgeman61

I've been trying to log in to the Princess website.  It doesn't want to accept my password.

I tried several times to update my password and log in with the new PW.  It worked a couple of times but now I can update the password, it says it was accepted, I try to use it to log in and it says my login was unsuccessful.

I was trying to book a cruise this weekend but I got so frustrated with their website I gave up!!

Has anyone else been having issues?

• Like 1

I just tried and have no problem. I have my login and password saved so I don't need to re-enter. I actually even created a new account for my husband few days ago, and was pleasantly surprised that website has recognized his last sailing and even has Future Cruise Credit applied.

7 hours ago, edgeman61 said:

I've been trying to log in to the Princess website.  It doesn't want to accept my password.

I tried several times to update my password and log in with the new PW.  It worked a couple of times but now I can update the password, it says it was accepted, I try to use it to log in and it says my login was unsuccessful.

I was trying to book a cruise this weekend but I got so frustrated with their website I gave up!!

I have been having issues for a couple of months now, both on the website and and the App on my phone and iPad.  I tried deleting and reinstalling the App on my phone and it has made matters worse.   It continues to be a very frustrating situation. I’m green lane online (although I’m not confident  it’s for the right cruise!) and Blue Lane on the Apps.

Their website was working fine in May before my Alaska cruise in June and was working well enough for me to book a British Isles cruise for 2024 early this summer but for reasons unknown it stopped accepting my password.

Their app has never accepted my password, I always have to login with name and booking number.

Frustrating!

I have had the same problem.  After you press LOGIN and it says your password isn't accepted, press LOGIN again and again, etc. until it accepts your password.  It might take anywhere from 2 to maybe 7 times before it will work.  This works for me.  Good luck.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, edgeman61 said:

Just tried logging in and had no problem; try again! 

I've been having this issue for the past 3 weeks, doesn't matter if I'm on my phone, desktop or laptop.  I've used Chrome and Edge and incognito pages - even cleared all cookies.  

I can use my booking number and access my current booking but that's it.  Very frustrating. 

On 9/6/2023 at 8:31 AM, 10cruise said:

I have had the same problem.  After you press LOGIN and it says your password isn't accepted, press LOGIN again and again, etc. until it accepts your password.  It might take anywhere from 2 to maybe 7 times before it will work.  This works for me.  Good luck.

Tried this... didn't work.

When my patience returns I'll have to call to get this resolved.

11 hours ago, Kitty Ellas Mom said:

I've had this password issue for as long as I can remember with Princess. It's become so bad that I know that the 1st time I try it almost always won't let me in.  Maybe 50% of the time it lets me in on the 2nd try.  If it repeatedly doesn't work I give up and try again later.

Hmmm...interesting.  How are you trying to access?

1) Desktop/laptop/tablet/phone

2) If phone, what type (iPhone or Android?)

3) What browser are you using?

4) Can you properly log in using the app? (username/password or booking number?)

5) Have you cleared history & cookies?

6) If using the app, have you uninstalled/reinstalled?

These types of details can make a big difference in getting this resolved.

On 9/6/2023 at 9:31 AM, 10cruise said:

On 9/6/2023 at 12:29 PM, LRY229 said:

I've been having this issue for the past 3 weeks, doesn't matter if I'm on my phone, desktop or laptop.  I've used Chrome and Edge and incognito pages - even cleared all cookies.  

I can use my booking number and access my current booking but that's it.  Very frustrating. 

20 hours ago, wallyworld1059 said:

According to the chat I had this morning with Princess "we are aware of the problem and we are working on it.  Please try again later."

12 hours ago, Kitty Ellas Mom said:

I've had this password issue for as long as I can remember with Princess. It's become so bad that I know that the 1st time I try it almost always won't let me in.  Maybe 50% of the time it lets me in on the 2nd try.  If it repeatedly doesn't work I give up and try again later.

1 hour ago, edgeman61 said:

Tried this... didn't work.

When my patience returns I'll have to call to get this resolved.

SMH  (@ Princess IT Dept)

1 hour ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Hmmm...interesting.  How are you trying to access?

1) Desktop/laptop/tablet/phone

2) If phone, what type (iPhone or Android?)

3) What browser are you using?

4) Can you properly log in using the app? (username/password or booking number?)

5) Have you cleared history & cookies?

6) If using the app, have you uninstalled/reinstalled?

These types of details can make a big difference in getting this resolved.

I typically use my Macbookpro and use Chrome.  This works for almost everything else.  I have to use my name and booking number to get into the app on my Galaxy phone.  But I know I need to uninstall and reinstall it, I just haven't taken the time yet.  It still thinks I'm going on my canceled cruise from 2022, in some places, even though I was able to check in with few issues for the current cruise.  It is confused b/c I was very close to going last time, all checked in, and had to cancel for an emergency.  But on my computer it just.....doesn't work right.  Maybe half the time.

13 minutes ago, Kitty Ellas Mom said:

I typically use my Macbookpro and use Chrome.  This works for almost everything else.  I have to use my name and booking number to get into the app on my Galaxy phone.  But I know I need to uninstall and reinstall it, I just haven't taken the time yet.  It still thinks I'm going on my canceled cruise from 2022, in some places, even though I was able to check in with few issues for the current cruise.  It is confused b/c I was very close to going last time, all checked in, and had to cancel for an emergency.  But on my computer it just.....doesn't work right.  Maybe half the time.

I use Chrome as well on a desktop. I also have a Samsung Galaxy S22. The fact that you are having the type of issues you are sharing *really* indicates that you are either on an older version or something has just corrupted the installation. It *seems* to do that quite easily and a reinstall many times will fix it.

Clear your cookies on your MacBook in Chrome. You absolutely should not be having web-based issues like that. And...you *should* be able to use your username &password for both web and app. (That may very well be resolved with the app reinstall.)

Give some (all?) of that a try and see if at least *some* of your issues are resolved. 

Definitely them.

It is janky. I can normally get it to work via a couple of methods:

1. Sometimes clicking the login button vs pressing enter (or vice versa)

2. Put in my booking information and entering username and password in the pop up window to login vs the main window

Good luck with it

• Like 1