NCL BOGO Air

tonyfall1

1 minute ago, Ozzyrosie said:

Last year we did BOGO YYZ to San Juan and got United flights with a stopover in Washington each way. It was seamless. 

Was that day before arrival? We are those crazy "day of" flight people (living on the edge!) so not as many connection options it seems. Westjet direct flights are still showing as cheapest option available (both directions) but not sure NCL used them. AC direct flights were in line with Westjet prices up until just recently ..)-:

Not sure we  would do NCL BOGO again for any future cruises. This was our first NCL in many years and first booking with flight BOGO. It's different not having some control over your flight options like with other cruise/air programs. I do like the element of surprise though😄

1 minute ago, rodndonna said:

Was that day before arrival? We are those crazy "day of" flight people (living on the edge!) so not as many connection options it seems. Westjet direct flights are still showing as cheapest option available (both directions) but not sure NCL used them. AC direct flights were in line with Westjet prices up until just recently ..)-:

Not sure we  would do NCL BOGO again for any future cruises. This was our first NCL in many years and first booking with flight BOGO. It's different not having some control over your flight options like with other cruise/air programs. I do like the element of surprise though😄

We flew in to San Juan two days before our cruise departed. And good thing as there was a storm that stopped all flights for a day after we arrived in San Juan. From what I know NCL has a list of airlines it uses - I don’t know if Westjet is one of them. Good luck and let us know what flights you get. I hope it’s direct. I just go for cheap and cheerful. I saved over $700 by booking with NCL as I’m flying over the high demand right after Christmas (school is out) weeks. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ozzyrosie said:

We flew in to San Juan two days before our cruise departed. And good thing as there was a storm that stopped all flights for a day after we arrived in San Juan. From what I know NCL has a list of airlines it uses - I don’t know if Westjet is one of them. Good luck and let us know what flights you get. I hope it’s direct. I just go for cheap and cheerful. I saved over $700 by booking with NCL as I’m flying over the high demand right after Christmas (school is out) weeks. 

We've been stuck in San Juan due to winter storm affecting much of the Eastern US and Canada, American Airlines rebooked us through Miami, where we missed our connection for lack of crew - so had 2 days and nights hotel and meal vouchers in Miami before the next flight back to Buffalo 😄

As a point of reference, our TO-San Juan Bogo flight cost for late January 2024 was $916 for both tickets (booked a year ago). Pricing late this summer has came down to about $450/pp return on Westjet and Air Canada, so almost identical in price. It was nice to lock in that price a year ago since airfare is a little unstable, makes budgeting the holiday easier to just include it at booking.

What I am unsure of with NCL air (or any of the cruise/air) is how easy it is to rebook if a storm system or anything threatens  potential delays on our flights. I know with my direct bookings it is easy to go on AC or Westjet website and rebook our flights to a day or 2  without penalty if there are potential delays. I'm never sure how (if) this would work when booked through NCL. Hopefully we won't find out 🤔

3 minutes ago, rodndonna said:

What I am unsure of with NCL air (or any of the cruise/air) is how easy it is to rebook if a storm system or anything threatens  potential delays on our flights. I know with my direct bookings it is easy to go on AC or Westjet website and rebook our flights to a day or 2  without penalty if there are potential delays. I'm never sure how (if) this would work when booked through NCL. Hopefully we won't find out 🤔

We had a flight delayed by Delta when leaving from Fort Lauderdale in March. Delta automatically booked us on new flights that we did not like as we would arrive home at nearly midnight. We were able to find different flights in the Delta app and select them at no charge. We arrived home only one hour after we originally were supposed to. NCL had nothing to do with this since it was day of flying. We worked through Delta only, so I suppose this experience could change based on your carrier.

Our original Delta flights were changed by Delta about two months before flying (though we could never determine what was changed). Delta offered us the ability to change our flight, for free. We didn't take advantage of this, but again, it would have been through Delta, not NCL.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, rodndonna said:

We've been stuck in San Juan due to winter storm affecting much of the Eastern US and Canada, American Airlines rebooked us through Miami, where we missed our connection for lack of crew - so had 2 days and nights hotel and meal vouchers in Miami before the next flight back to Buffalo 😄

As a point of reference, our TO-San Juan Bogo flight cost for late January 2024 was $916 for both tickets (booked a year ago). Pricing late this summer has came down to about $450/pp return on Westjet and Air Canada, so almost identical in price. It was nice to lock in that price a year ago since airfare is a little unstable, makes budgeting the holiday easier to just include it at booking.

I think once ticketed you go through the airline. For my upcoming YYZ/Tampa flights, for departing flights, I was able to book seats with United for free once I received the email from NCL with my flights. But for the return with Air Canada I’d have to pay for seats so I’ll just wait - I think. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Ozzyrosie said:

I think once ticketed you go through the airline. For my upcoming YYZ/Tampa flights, for departing flights, I was able to book seats with United for free once I received the email from NCL with my flights. But for the return with Air Canada I’d have to pay for seats so I’ll just wait - I think. 

We lucked out with our Air Canada flights going out (Newark to London with a change of flight in Montreal). I had a nice conversation with the Canada Air agent on the phone.giving him our passport information and meal preferences. I mentioned we were going on a cruise and would be celebrating our 46th anniversary on the cruise. He said hold on maybe I can do something for you, and very nicely got us seat reservations on both flights.

• Like 3