Nova; Rome to Monte Carlo

Stumblefoot

Just disembarked after a really enjoyable trip.  Silver nova is a beautiful ship and we didn’t come across any problems whatsoever.  We never had to queue in the evening for any of the open seating restaurants and ate usually 7-30 or 8-00pm.   All our meals were very good indeed and we tried out Atlantide, S.A.L.T kitchen and La Terrazza in the evenings and the Japanese restaurant and grill for lunches.    Everywhere is very spacious and there are so many seating areas that weren’t being used so a quiet place to sit was very easy to find.  We found the staff to be so friendly and helpful and even new staff are definitely finding their feet and we had no waits for drinks.  I miss the outdoor seating at Arts cafe as that was where I would have spent a lot of time.  I felt the Elegant casual dress code worked well and 95% of passengers really did dress as per the code.  Still a few jeans and shorts in the evenings in the indoor restaurants and venues though very much in the minority.  The ship looks so much bigger than any of the other ships we had sailed on and I wondered how I would find it and was very pleasantly surprised.  When I read posts sometimes on some of the Silversea Facebook groups I wonder if I was on the same ship though a lot depends on the passengers and we only met really lovely people who were all very much enjoying the cruise.   Definitely lots of very happy memories to take home with me.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5

Second everything you say - wonderful ship, food excellent everywhere. No lines. Many lovely outdoor spaces , the Dusk Bar being our favorite pre-dinner. So many pool loungers - looked like one for every passenger! For those who wanted to know about the Verandah Suites with tubs - the shower is separate and large. Any questions I’m happy to answer them 

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Abuckett said:

Second everything you say - wonderful ship, food excellent everywhere. No lines. Many lovely outdoor spaces , the Dusk Bar being our favorite pre-dinner. So many pool loungers - looked like one for every passenger! For those who wanted to know about the Verandah Suites with tubs - the shower is separate and large. Any questions I’m happy to answer them 

Thanks for sharing your experience.  One question: I noticed in videos there are small jars of "spa snacks."  Were the little bags of nuts also provided?

10 hours ago, Tudorcruisers said:

Just disembarked after a really enjoyable trip.  Silver nova is a beautiful ship and we didn’t come across any problems whatsoever.  We never had to queue in the evening for any of the open seating restaurants and ate usually 7-30 or 8-00pm.   All our meals were very good indeed and we tried out Atlantide, S.A.L.T kitchen and La Terrazza in the evenings and the Japanese restaurant and grill for lunches.    Everywhere is very spacious and there are so many seating areas that weren’t being used so a quiet place to sit was very easy to find.  We found the staff to be so friendly and helpful and even new staff are definitely finding their feet and we had no waits for drinks.  I miss the outdoor seating at Arts cafe as that was where I would have spent a lot of time.  I felt the Elegant casual dress code worked well and 95% of passengers really did dress as per the code.  Still a few jeans and shorts in the evenings in the indoor restaurants and venues though very much in the minority.  The ship looks so much bigger than any of the other ships we had sailed on and I wondered how I would find it and was very pleasantly surprised.  When I read posts sometimes on some of the Silversea Facebook groups I wonder if I was on the same ship though a lot depends on the passengers and we only met really lovely people who were all very much enjoying the cruise.   Definitely lots of very happy memories to take home with me.  

Thanks for your comments about the 'new' dress code. On the formal optional night(s) what percentage dressed up? Just wondering (hoping) if the new code has people dressing much more casually, even on 'formal' nights when given the choice.  So excited for our trip on this fabulous ship in 2024!

29 minutes ago, tinaincc said:

Thanks for your comments about the 'new' dress code. On the formal optional night(s) what percentage dressed up? Just wondering (hoping) if the new code has people dressing much more casually, even on 'formal' nights when given the choice.  So excited for our trip on this fabulous ship in 2024!

Our cruise was just 7 nights so every night was elegant casual so we didn’t have a formal/optional  evening.   I felt the majority of passengers were really well dressed and had embraced Elegant casual.   A lot of men were wearing jackets and dress shirts.   In June we sailed on Silver Dawn and on the formal night there weren’t very many men wearing a tux though even on non-formal evenings passengers were a lot more casual than on this trip.  

Edited by Tudorcruisers
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Abuckett said:

W

ould you happen to have a video of the bathroom?