Classic Package vs $17 Martini Bar

AMediator

2 hours ago, Chrisclaire said:

Not sure if this is down to the bar tender?

Was she drinking actual Martinis or the (not really a) "martini" cocktails?  If the former, I would think it would have to be the bartender.  If the latter, then it could be the quality of the bartender or the various and sundry ingredients that go into those drinks. 

Either way, that's unfortunate to hear.  We've been on Reflection twice, spent (or misspent) many an hour in the Martini Bar, and we've always enjoyed it.

6 hours ago, sanger727 said:

Right I know that. Was just pointing out that you don't have to order specialty cocktails off the menu. You can always order basic cocktails with included liquors. 

Just pointing out a gratuity is added since you said "Our experience on the classic package was that when you ordered a specialty drink off the menu that was over $10, you were charged the difference". Maybe someone else reading that didn't know about the added gratuity. 🍸

On 9/8/2023 at 3:35 PM, AMediator said:

Hi Everyone 

Thank you to all the amazing people that share information on these forums. I try to read as much as I can before I post. However - I'm not getting a clear answer on this question. Or if I am maybe it's just not logically making sense to me.

I'm cruising on the eclipse in December.  This is my first Celebrity Cruise but about my 30th overall. 

We have purchased the classic package. 

I understand the different levels and quality of alcohol that's available under these packages.

Where I get confused is the drinks on the menus.  It is my understanding that our package covers any drinks under $10 or the type of alcohol that's listed under that package. 

We really didn't see the need to spend so much more on the premier package when we just basically drinking whatever. 

However, this girl likes a good martini and I was very excited about the martini bar. 

I just saw the menu at the martini bar in the martinis are a whopping $17 each.  

My classic package states it only covers drinks up to $10. And in fact there was not one drink on the entire menu that was under $10 with the exception of beer.  

So now I'm kind of asking myself, what did I just commit to. And should I be upgrading to the premier package?

One question that I cannot seem to get answered is this... if I go to the martini bar with the classic package and order a martini am I going to be charged the $17 or am I going to at least get the $10 credit for the classic package and then pay the difference? I mean that seems reasonable right that you would just pay for the upgrade difference and cost if you're going to have one drink outside of the package?

If I'm only going to have a couple martinis this makes sense to me.

But if paying for the classic package denies me the ability to have a martini without paying for it 100 percent separately outright then I've got a problem. 

I'm so excited for you all to weigh in on this....

I have had ANY martini made for me in a smaller glass on the regular package.

Just smaller, perhaps with Titos instead of Grey Goose.

• Like 1

On 9/10/2023 at 12:11 PM, NMTraveller said:

Do they pour it with the cheap stuff if you have the Premium package?

Not if you order a drink off a printed menu that states the type of liquor being used.  But, if you order a general drink you may get house liquor unless you specify.  e.g. Order a Grey Goose and tonic, not a vodka tonic.

I think the question about the cost has been answered ($7).

As for classic vs premium, I have the same dilemma in that my wife enjoys a martini now and then and there are a few drinks that I like that are $11 or $12.

But the volume as to how many of these we have isn’t very high so we just stick with classic and pay the difference.  For us, definitely not worth upgrading to premium (but Celebrity waiters sure do a huge sell job early in the cruise to try to convince you otherwise)

54 minutes ago, Cruise till you drop said:

For us, definitely not worth upgrading to premium (but Celebrity waiters sure do a huge sell job early in the cruise to try to convince you otherwise)

The hard sell is because they get to keep the gratuity on the upgrade.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AMediator said:

Follow up on this question.  The drink packages dropped significantly (50% off) so we cancelled and rebooked the premium and saved $100.    

That was probably a smart thing to do.  😁