Going Live! Carnival Venezia NYC 🗽 Canada/NE B2B Sept 16-29

Haljo1935

1 hour ago, MsTabbyKats said:

@Haljo1935Will be following this closely.....

"To cancel or not to cancel" Jan cruise depends on you!

If you can...please report back about lines in the buffet and slippery conditions on the Lido

Enjoy your trip!

What cruise are you on? I’m 1/6-1/14/24. every cruise and I’m sure every DAY on a cruise can be different in regards to “lines.” I’m an early riser. I’m usually at the omelette station before it opens and I’m usually  first or second in line. Might be just that my fellow pax are late risers. Maybe next cruise they’re all early birds like me and I’ll be #12 in line! I’m admittedly a very impatient person and HATE waiting in lines, but I figure it’s just part of it sometimes and since I’m not cooking and not washing dishes, end results are  not so bad lol😋🤗 I honestly did not notice the slippery decks. I wear crocs all the time. YEARS ago on the old Victory I slipped on lido with sandals on. Went DOWN. Legs, back, arms and neck were SORE  and black and blue for weeks. So I’m always very cautious walking on “floors” because I remember that so well, but I honestly did not notice a problem on Venezia. I’m sorry others had trouble. Sorry for the long ramble and the highjack! 😞🤭

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I agree with @Crusin Karen.  It is what it is and there are going be lines like port days when everyone wants to eat before their tour or Guys Burger when everyone gets back on.  We are so laid back anymore and try to make the best of our cruise.  Food is a plus but not a big deal for me.

I think this ship was not designed for what they are currently planning for it especially for Caribbean cruises so after Carnival sees the issues they may rethink the itineraries.  We are on November 9th and already know the pools are going to be an issue but we did B2B on Celebration and the back pools were always packed and the chogs would save all the chairs that were in the water and I would go at 8am.

• Like 4

On 9/12/2023 at 9:31 PM, Haljo1935 said:

All ships I've been on walls are magnetic and I do take hooks. This is my first time on Venezia, too, so maybe people who have been on will help us both out and let us know.

There should be loungers, not just chairs, since you have a large balcony. The last time I was in an aft wrap on Carnival, I had loungers w/o asking. Hoping that is still the norm.

We're in a wrap, too!! We got it specifically for the NY view. I'm beyond excited!! Like the kid who can't sleep at Christmas or their birthday excited.🤣

Just got off of the Venezia this morning. They have 3 big hooks behind the door and another big hook outside of the bathroom. We brought our own magnetic hooks also. The front door of the cabin is not magnetic but you are able to stick what you need next to the door. We brought our "Spending our kids inheritance one cruise at a time" magnet. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

Wow - so much catching up to do. Finally got internet to work, so should now be good to go. Probably will break this up into a couple posts to maintain some sort of order. But who knows, maybe I  will channel my inner duck and go all willy nilly. Love that episode of "Two and a Half Men" Jake's not wrong - ducks do go all willy nilly. 😅

Line was not bad at the terminal; driver averted a small potential disaster by convincing the traffic director he needed to drop us off upper level, not lower. Just a few cars ahead of us, then we were out, "yes, Mr Porter, I'd love to give you some $$ in exchange for ensuring my bags go with me," and in after confirming DS soda (that was strange - I don't use "soda" everything is "coke" to me) is in her carry-on. 

Oh - 3 ships here, we had seen 2 were planned, so an extra 1 got added, but still not much traffic. And we're boarding. This IS happening!!👏 They let us on more than an hour ahead of our check in time. And Edewa was happy to see us. We're so happy 😊 to see you, too!!

20230916_112114.jpg

20230916_112329.jpg

20230916_112344.jpg

20230916_113449.jpg

20230916_122234.jpg

20230916_122524.jpg

Edited by Haljo1935
Typo
  • Like 7

23 hours ago, MsTabbyKats said:

@Haljo1935Will be following this closely.....

"To cancel or not to cancel" Jan cruise depends on you!

If you can...please report back about lines in the buffet and slippery conditions on the Lido

Enjoy your trip!

Oh my, @MsTabbyKats that's a whole lot of pressure, lol. Early reports on slippery floor at Lido - did not seem slippery; tile is honed, not polished, which helps a lot. Saw some spilled coffee this morning that was starting to dry, so it had been there a while. But if it had sugar in it, that might help it be more sticky and less slippery. Seriously though, I have not noticed it to be slippery due to the tile being honed, but have only been in 1 area, so I'll follow up.

The lines have not been bad at all. Lunch yesterday, less than 10 minutes; this morning 8am, no line at all (coffee line was the worst at 5 people). We're going to the Terrazzo Sea Day Brunch so won't see today's lunch line, but I will follow-up on that, too. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Crusin Karen said:

Sorry about that. I’m technically challenged today! Welcome to my part of the USA! Kind of strange not to see the whale tail but she’s a beautiful ship. Very “un Carnival” lol. Can’t wait to see pictures of your aft wrap. Had them on all the spirit class ships. HAPPY EMBARKING! 👍👍👏

I had to explain to DS why the yellow stack really is the right ship - she insisted Driver took us to the wrong port.

20230916_110529.jpg

20230916_110535.jpg

• Haha 6

11 hours ago, noshoobie said:

Just got off of the Venezia this morning. They have 3 big hooks behind the door and another big hook outside of the bathroom. We brought our own magnetic hooks also. The front door of the cabin is not magnetic but you are able to stick what you need next to the door. We brought our "Spending our kids inheritance one cruise at a time" magnet. 

Yes, all those big hooks are there and very handy for large items.

All walls except the "wood" around the mirror and the padded headboard are magnetic, including the door. That's the excursion ticket envelope held in place w/hook magnet on the inside and outside of the door, so our door is magnetic, as is bathroom door. It must vary be location. We are aft wrap, for reference. 

16949559810417865610800168444361.jpg

16949562251397504035870685237721.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, noshoobie said:

Were you on Deck 1?  I walked by that magnet and thought it was great lol. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Jules8888 said:

Does anyone have pictures of the nightly mdr menus? 

We ate at the Steakhouse last night, so we didn't see the MDR menu. I will take pictures for you when we eat there.

FWIW, the Steakhouse was excellent! Beef sliders to start, courtesy of the chef.

20230916_192039.jpg

20230916_192053.jpg

• Like 8

Continuing on w/1st day to get caught up. Once we said hello to Edewa, we joined the longest line we've had so far - the line to the elevator. We all know that's always the worst since many elevators are being used for 🧳.  And I'm good with that - luggage is a key component to a good cruise.🛳️ 

Although it felt like eternity, I thought it took about 30 min to get through the line and onto on elevator. Looking at the time stamps, that's exactly how long it took to get to our cabin, so not bad. We were told that although cabins weren't ready, we could go drop our carry-on (we had 1 w/DS cokes & my computer) then head to the Lido. Well, surprise - we had keys & cabin was screaming for us to come in!! That was 30 min after stepping onboard. If you're keeping track - we boarded 1 hour early and cabin was ready early, so Win, Win - we're off to a good start!!

Cookies always feel like home; these will be enjoyed slowly as there were non when we went into Cherries on Top today. Water and OJ also waiting on us. Glad we brought packable ice coolers as no ice bucket available; Stewart says he'll keep them full for us. Loaded 'em up w/cokes & water and he filled them the rest of the way with ice. They fit nicely under the desk.

Seem to be a lot of cabin photos posted, so I didn't do many, but if there is something specific you want to see, just let me know and I'll snap it for you. We did take a few photos of Inside & Coves as we made our way to the elevator.

Elevators are super easy to use and work well if one pushes the correct number of times and if no "hitchhikers" jump on. The panel (call button) will be either on the wall next to the elevator door or on a column just in front of it. It's motion activated - the screen comes on when it "sees" you stand in front of it, so don't try to use it from the side. Just push the floor one time for each person in your party. The elevator number (it's really a letter) you're assigned to will be displayed. No buttons to push when you get in the elevator. Easy peasy. 🤭

20230917_163606.jpg

20230916_181020.jpg

20230917_072334.jpg

20230916_122624.jpg

20230916_122619.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Here's the cabin pix I did get. We're in a Portside aft wrap; holds 2 people. We have beds separated and there's adequate room to move around except by the closet (there are 3)  - very tight using the farthest closet - the one in the corner by the nightstand. That's the one for hanging clothes. The center closet has shelves that fold up and rods, but one of the shelves is broken, so we only have 1. The next closet has 3 drawers, the safe and 2 shelves. Well, there's really 3 shelves, but the life vests live on 1 of them.

That's plenty of room for us. Where we find storage lacking is with the nightstands. There is only a door w/one open space. It would be so much more functional (and what we're used to on another cruiseline) if there was a drawer at the top then the open space. I like to put my glasses, chapstick, book, etc in the drawer so they're easy to get to and no fear of rolling off in turbulence. We are using the little "shelf" above the bed for those things and it works fine except w/my shoulder, I can't reach the stuff and have to remember to place things where I can reach them w/my right arm.

Oh look - therabands! I brought them for shoulder therapy.

There's no electrical outlet by the bed; there's 1 USB outlet & 1 C outlet. We brought a long cord that we run behind the pillow for DS to use to charge her phone.

2 chairs, 1 table, 1 lounger = 1 nice balcony!!

Kleenex and Animal Art live in the window. Not enough room by sink for the Kleenex. 

16949860778206441122774481954641.jpg

16949862401107486958843845750130.jpg

1694986469740560268270510844531.jpg

20230916_130013.jpg

20230916_130024.jpg

1694986736609542096667031197306.jpg

Edited by Haljo1935
Upload
  • Like 5

Here's the cabin pix I did get - oops, forgot the pix so here they are.

Terrazzo bands and invite were waiting for us - they'll be well used.

Nice view from balcony, of course.

Fun Times and Canadiandeclarations form were waitingfor us.

20230916_125706.jpg

20230916_125640.jpg

20230916_125652.jpg

20230916_125807.jpg

20230916_125838.jpg

20230917_175152.jpg

20230916_130138.jpg

20230916_132816.jpg

20230917_175550.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Aldeya said:

Thank you so much for the review! Taking notes for our upcoming cruise.

What is the brand for the packable ice coolers you use? We'd like to have something like this with us. Thanks!

Tirrinia is the brand. We bought them on eBay. Can absolutely say they do not leak and the ice is lasting.

20230917_204125.jpg

20230917_204003.jpg

• Thanks 2