Going Live! Carnival Venezia NYC 🗽 Canada/NE B2B Sept 16-29

Haljo1935

8 hours ago, TxTeach79 said:

It does! Just a matter of getting out of NYC and getting there safely. I'm hoping that even if there's some rough seas in Lee's wake early, maybe they could sail south a bit and change port days/times at worst... but it looks way better today than it has all week!

I am so thrilled I probably won't sleep much tonight. I'm tellin' you - I'm channeling my inner Christmas child; I won't be able to get good sleep until I'm in my cabin. I best go straight to the balcony or I may fall asleep and miss sail away. That would bite. I had a different word, but did an edit in an attempt to keep this PG-13 🥴 

Are your parents excited and ready to go? I hope they have big plans for the milestone birthday celebration.

• Like 3

Slightly bummed about my flight. There were quite a few seats available when I checked in so I kinda expected to get an upgrade notice by now. Maybe the Upgrade Fairy will pay me a visit tonight and I'll have a surprise waiting for me in the morning.

Tomorrow morning is a packed calendar, very busy work schedule. I didn't plan on working and flying in the same day, but AA had different plans, so here I go. I am thankful the weather is looking better.

All right, shall we see what the Carnival countdown clock has to say? Pardon me just a sec while I go look. BRB - are we still using that? 

I'm back. I see the 1st week has regained its color. I feel skill much better, that it was trying to send me a coded message.

Shuttle driver is confirmed for tomorrow. Wally dropped off another bag of trail mix to replace the one DH ate; it went straight into the suitcase. I learned that lesson quickly! And I ordered an extra one for him 💙 He got the gate back on the dog crate, so you know where our big boy will be while DH is at work.

Tested WhatsApp on DH new phone, so we should be able to communicate with each other while I'm gone. So - check, check, check... All good to go!!

I'll try to get one more update before we get to the airport, but with the heavy work schedule, definitely not promising. Fingers crossed for a short TSA line and Let's Go!! Oh yeah , and come on Upgrade Fairy!

Screenshot_20230914-213341_kindlephoto-4616818566.png

Screenshot_20230914-213442_kindlephoto-4616877895.png

• Like 4

Well, of course I can't sleep, so I rearranged the suitcases 🧳and added the boots. The Upgrade Fairy has not paid me a visit, but there is some time tomorrow. 

Carnival says fun is only a day away. 🎶 I never really cared for that song.

Alright, gonna try this sleep thing again.😴

Oh - now the other week is gray. Strange 

20230915_022151.jpg

20230915_022440.jpg

20230915_022457.jpg

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

Well, of course I can't sleep, so I rearranged the suitcases 🧳and added the boots. The Upgrade Fairy has not paid me a visit, but there is some time tomorrow. 

Carnival says fun is only a day away. 🎶 I never really cared for that song.

Alright, gonna try this sleep thing again.😴

Oh - now the other week is gray. Strange 

20230915_022151.jpg

20230915_022440.jpg

20230915_022457.jpg

Is the song "Tomorrow" from "Annie"?

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

Is the song "Tomorrow" from "Annie"?

Yes - bonus points👏🌟 for being the first to Name That Tune!! Nobody got yesterday's "Leaving on a Jet Plane."

Edited by Haljo1935
Upload
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, Cherries Jubilee said:

I hope you have a good day at work and a safe and smooth travel day! 

Thank you!! No upgrade for me, AA says I'm 13 in line, hope someone drops - not sure I'm keen to hop on a plane marked as #13. 🫣

Flight shows to still be on time - YAY!!

20230915_085233.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Crusin Karen said:

Following. Manhattan is my home port. Cruised on Venezia in June-booked for January, March and May! 

Ooh that's encouraging  - you must have enjoyed Venezia to have 3 more ahead. That's exciting!

• Like 6

I'm snuggled in watching everyone else board. 

Oh no - guy in middle seat is an arm rest bully - you know the kind that constantly nudges your arm til it falls off then locks his in place. Not cool, not cool.

Lady has the line jammed up cuz she doesn't know how to read the rows. Then she insisted she needed her bag so it could match her seat location. Oh bother.

Guy in seat across the aisle is going to be disappointed  - he's in my sister's seat and WILL have to move; she does not enjoy a middle seat.

Going to reinstall the AA app so I can catch a 🎥 🎦 🎬 and hopefully sleep 💤 😴 a bit.

See y'all in NY!!

16948046319688151463498705275470.jpg

16948049238183040577658211400007.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Haljo1935 said:

I'm snuggled in watching everyone else board. 

Oh no - guy in middle seat is an arm rest bully - you know the kind that constantly nudges your arm til it falls off then locks his in place. Not cool, not cool.

Lady has the line jammed up cuz she doesn't know how to read the rows. Then she insisted she needed her bag so it could match her seat location. Oh bother.

Guy in seat across the aisle is going to be disappointed  - he's in my sister's seat and WILL have to move; she does not enjoy a middle seat.

Going to reinstall the AA app so I can catch a 🎥 🎦 🎬 and hopefully sleep 💤 😴 a bit.

See y'all in NY!!

16948046319688151463498705275470.jpg

16948049238183040577658211400007.jpg

Safe flight!

Hugs from Texas!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, purpleally said:

I believe the person in the middle seat has a right to both armrests because, they are stuck in the middle 

To quote a monologue by Australian stand-up comedian Jim Jefferies: "When you're on an airplane, there's a thing called 'plane etiquette,' and it goes like this. Window gets an armrest and a wall. Middle gets two armrests. Aisle gets an armrest and a little bit of extra leg[room]. We're not *** animals. We live in a society." 🙂

Edited by icft
  • Like 5
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, icft said:

To quote a monologue by Australian stand-up comedian Jim Jefferies: "When you're on an airplane, there's a thing called 'plane etiquette,' and it goes like this. Window gets an armrest and a wall. Middle gets two armrests. Aisle gets an armrest and a little bit of extra leg[room]. We're not *** animals. We live in a society." 🙂

Completely agree

• Like 2

3 hours ago, purpleally said:

I believe the person in the middle seat has a right to both armrests because, they are stuck in the middle 

Yeah, maybe; I think I may have changed my mind - they get both, window gets the one to the left and aisle gets the one on the aisle. That's fair.

Edited by Haljo1935
  • Like 3

Just went through Times Square. Bright lights, traffic and people, of course!! DS is thrilled. And there's a free concert in Bryant Park that we passed - it was very well attended. Motorcycles going through same time as us, very cool. Wish we could have grabbed some food, smelled so good.

Picture is not good; I took it as we were driving by, but gives a feel I hope for how lively it was. Many Mexican flags waving everywhere. 

20230915_210652.jpg

Screenshot_20230915-211507_Chrome.jpg

• Like 4

Yippee!! It's finally here - Today's the day my ship leaves!! 🛳️ Carnival won't give me a countdown due to the site maintenance, so I can't prove it, but it's really happening. 🥳

View while waiting for breakfast; ride scheduled for 10:45, so we'll keep this view til then.

☁️ but not raining, good weather for boarding a ship.

16948676848662091175075434104152.jpg

20230916_080924.jpg

• Like 7

Sorry about that. I’m technically challenged today! Welcome to my part of the USA! Kind of strange not to see the whale tail but she’s a beautiful ship. Very “un Carnival” lol. Can’t wait to see pictures of your aft wrap. Had them on all the spirit class ships. HAPPY EMBARKING! 👍👍👏

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1