Carnival Venezia gondola lounge?

Tammylyne

I was just watching a YouTube video where the influencer said that there is a spot in the gondola lounge that serves appetizers in the evenings? I have not been able to find any information anywhere on this. Can anybody give me some insight or if there is a little appetizer section like Carnival used to do every night before dinner and someone has pictures that would be awesome.

21 minutes ago, shof515 said:

its similar ocean plaza area on other vista class ships. carnival stop doing the food there way back in the day

oh  the Ocean Plaza was used the last time I sailed… It was a great place to get away from the crowd and have breakfast. Do they have the breakfast area in the gondola lounge?

7 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

Hey @Tammylyne where is the Gondola Longe? I will be on the Venezia Sat & will gladly send pictures if I know where to go.

If I may jump in here: it’s on deck 5, just forward of the aft staircase. 

It’s in a high-traffic area, and on our cruise this past June, we walked through it often to get to the port side outdoor space during the day. Most times it was being used for trivia games or small music combos performing. I don’t remember food being served there, but maybe we just didn’t notice that walking past in the evening.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

Hey @Tammylyne where is the Gondola Longe? I will be on the Venezia Sat & will gladly send pictures if I know where to go.

Thank you so much! It’s on deck five. Please let me know if you see any breakfast or before dinner appetizers? Thank you thank you thank you.

• Like 1

A month ago I was on the Venezia, and they DID HAVE FOOD. It is a small little "buffet" set up on the port side of the lounge. I had a super yummy cheese steak slider, mac and cheese, and grilled chicken. I couldn't tell you what times they had it open but it was a sea day around 2pm. Overall though, not missing out if its not there. I wouldn't be surprised if they just canned it since they had so many left overs when the picked up since its in a random spot.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Riles34 said:

A month ago I was on the Venezia, and they DID HAVE FOOD. It is a small little "buffet" set up on the port side of the lounge. I had a super yummy cheese steak slider, mac and cheese, and grilled chicken. I couldn't tell you what times they had it open but it was a sea day around 2pm. Overall though, not missing out if its not there. I wouldn't be surprised if they just canned it since they had so many left overs when the picked up since its in a random spot.

thats sounds like the La Strada Grill that is on the starboard side on the outside portion near the lounge 

i sailed on the venezia twice, they was no food on the port side 

6 minutes ago, shof515 said:

thats sounds like the La Strada Grill that is on the starboard side on the outside portion near the lounge 

i sailed on the venezia twice, they was no food on the port side 

No, it is the little buffet set up with glass, port side by the water dispenser. 

image.png.729bb44af3672184890471e6abad94e5.png

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, skywalkr2 said:

They have these on many ships near the "trivia area", and so far I have seen them completely unused.

I don't think the hours are advertised, but I 100% got food here on the first sea day. 

I am wondering now if that due to the weather (Canada) they moved La Strada inside? Overall, the outcome seems to be....don't hold your breath on this being an option.

13 minutes ago, Riles34 said:

I don't think the hours are advertised, but I 100% got food here on the first sea day. 

I am wondering now if that due to the weather (Canada) they moved La Strada inside? Overall, the outcome seems to be....don't hold your breath on this being an option.

I believe Venezia is currently in Freeport Bahamas..As I correct on that ?