Guest satisfaction Survey

BetsyS.

My stepfather and I disembarked from the Zuiderdam on 8/26/23 after a wonderful cruise. 

We never got our surveys. The same thing happened in August 2022 when we disembarked the Niew Statendam. I asked our travel agent both times if she got the surveys and she said no. I asked her to please call HAL about this since we wanted to name all the crew who helped us. She said that the surveys were sent to the email address associated with my Mariner account. I have not used that email address for 8 years. I know HAL has my current email address because that is  how I log onto my account. My travel agent said we should get the surveys by tomorrow afternoon and if not, to let her know. Even though I gave credit to crew on the Navigator app while on the ship, I still want to fill out the survey. In my experience, the crew went above and beyond. They work long hours, but were always cheerful and helpful.

• Like 1

Be sure to check your profile to be sure everything is set up correctly.  I use one email for promotions and a more secure one for bookings and personal info. 

others have reported the same delay 

I am glad you had a nice time

Edited by Mary229
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, BetsyS. said:

My stepfather and I disembarked from the Zuiderdam on 8/26/23 after a wonderful cruise. 

We never got our surveys. The same thing happened in August 2022 when we disembarked the Niew Statendam. I asked our travel agent both times if she got the surveys and she said no. I asked her to please call HAL about this since we wanted to name all the crew who helped us. She said that the surveys were sent to the email address associated with my Mariner account. I have not used that email address for 8 years. I know HAL has my current email address because that is  how I log onto my account. My travel agent said we should get the surveys by tomorrow afternoon and if not, to let her know. Even though I gave credit to crew on the Navigator app while on the ship, I still want to fill out the survey. In my experience, the crew went above and beyond. They work long hours, but were always cheerful and helpful.

Keep an eye on your junk mail folder - sometimes they end up in there.

• Like 1

I discovered by accident that HAL had four different email accounts for me.  (I discovered this while trying to book Shore Excursions for an upcoming HAL cruise.)

Two of them were left-overs from the days when Microsoft conducted classes onboard.

The Mariner Society was able to resolve the situation.  I would reach out to them.

• Like 1

To follow up on the missing surveys, our travel agent called HAL yesterday. Today we got emails from HAL. The surveys were in PDF format. We were told to print them, fill them out and mail back to Seattle. They did not want them sent electronically. When 

our travel agent told us about the $1 deposit, it was hard to believe. She said that's what it is, but for today only. We signed up for the Zuiderdam Voyage of Vikings 2024. 

We love the ship, crew, itinerary, and going roundtrip from Boston. This summer my 

stepfather and I had connecting cabins. We asked if they were available and they were already booked! We will have connecting cabins on the same deck, but on Starboard side instead of Port side. That's ok, because we'll have different views of scenery.

Thank you to all who answered.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Daisyloo said:

We disembarked Zuiderdam on Saturday Sept 9 and got the emailed survey yesterday, Sept 11. 

I would agree on the two day delay. Both of my Alaska cruise this year - cruise finished on Sunday - received survey at 4:40 PM and 4:30 PM on Tuesday.

• Like 1