Jewellery left onboard

delgirl

9 minutes ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

I do the same. Thank goodness for multiple closets so I can "sequester" clothing for the last morning so that don't have to disembark in a bathrobe. 😱

I have had nightmares about that and am absolutely paranoid with the sequestering bit! For both of us!😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Unfortunately the same thing happened to me on QV last summer, i left a slim Seiko box containing 2 bracelets and a necklace on the desk shelf i'd worn them on the last night to dinner, not of great value but full of sentiment as they were my grandmothers and mothers. I emailed and got a reply quite quickly but to no avail i gave cabin number, steward name and sent photo but was advised that nothing had been found or handed in. A tough lesson learnt to double check as you leave room. 

I was sailed on Queen Elizabeth from Vancouver to Fort Lauderdale, Aug 17 - Sep 5. When removing my items from the safe the evening before disembarkation I found a watch under the lining of the safe.  I handed it to our room steward who said he would pass it to the Pursers Office. My cabin was on Deck 9 starboard-side. Hopefully the watch has been reunited with its owner.

• Like 1

My husband left his new wedding ring on the bedside table in our New York hotel room prior to our honeymoon TA on QM2 in 2009 - he'd taken it off to shower, I have no idea why! Realised when we embarked but there was no time to go back to Manhatten for it. The hotel tracked it down and it returned on the next EB crossing on QM2. Cunard then couriered it to us in Blackpol. No charge for any of it. How times change. 

• Like 3

On 9/13/2023 at 1:20 AM, delgirl said:

My daughter left her jewellery onboard QM2 last monday 4 sep. Have e-mailed them but no reply after a week. Have tried phoning, no reply. What are her chances of getting these items back.

If your cabin or any other Cunard staff find it they will  hand it  in with a cabin no etc..We found a credit card in the safe so you can imagine how many people leave things behind. Not preaching but when you get angry over the phone the other person  will turn off,  just human behavior!  I would have every confidence if it was found by staff it will be in lost property also If you booked through a Travel Agent they may know how to fast track your concerns.

11 hours ago, Down-Unders said:

If your cabin or any other Cunard staff find it they will  hand it  in with a cabin no etc..We found a credit card in the safe so you can imagine how many people leave things behind. Not preaching but when you get angry over the phone the other person  will turn off,  just human behavior!  I would have every confidence if it was found by staff it will be in lost property also If you booked through a Travel Agent they may know how to fast track your concerns.

I hope you are right. Still waiting to hear. Would feel better if I just had a confirmation e-mail to say they had received my e-mail. Will leave it a few more weeks and then try again. I booked directly with cunard over the phone.

• 1 month later...

Have heard from lost property in southampton. They cannot find my daughters jewellery. I am annoyed with her for leaving it and also annoyed with room steward or lost property as some-one obviously has these earrings. If they do all I can say is had you heard of karma.