Changing times

lenquixote66

It was rationed at our house even though one of my uncles worked there and received lots of free stock. My favourite was cups of hot Vimto along with Lucozade. When I was 8 my gran convinced me it would cure my meningitis. Similarly many years later when I became paralysed my uncle fed me both beverages to cure me.  Both were right. 

I  was never a fan of Lucozade, although my partner regards it as a wonder drug.

By the by, Italian restaurant Vero Moderno in Salford is on the site of the original Vimto factory, the name preserved in the address - Vimto Gardens. Decent scran, IMO.

As a kid I enjoyed root beer floats or just a nice frosty mug of root beer (extra points if you get the reference). It's not something I have regularly anymore, but on the rare occasions we eat fast food, if root beer is an option, that's often what I'll get to drink. But I haven't had a float, shake, or malt in decades. Also, growing up in Wisconsin, we had milk to drink at most meals when I was young, but I don't drink milk by the glass any longer. Just in my tea or coffee.

• Like 1