Dining Reservations???

RLK33853

Just a quick question regarding dining reservations.  We are now less than 2 months out and I understand that evening meals at L'Etoile are "anytime dining" - no reservations required.  My question concerns La Veranda and La Grill.  Can you make reservations prior to boarding?  If so, how?  If not, what is the most expedient method once on board.  Especially interested in how to get sunset reservations for La Grill on the evening we are in Bora Bora (as has been discussed by others).

Thanks

2 hours ago, RLK33853 said:

Just a quick question regarding dining reservations.  We are now less than 2 months out and I understand that evening meals at L'Etoile are "anytime dining" - no reservations required.  My question concerns La Veranda and La Grill.  Can you make reservations prior to boarding?  If so, how?  If not, what is the most expedient method once on board.  Especially interested in how to get sunset reservations for La Grill on the evening we are in Bora Bora (as has been discussed by others).

Thanks

No on making reservations prior to embarkation. After boarding go to Veranda and ask for the head waiter ... he will take your reservations for both places.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, RLK33853 said:

Thanks

Hi Ray & Ann,

We've got it on our To Do list for the afternoon of boarding, to head to La Veranda and ask to make our reservations at La Veranda and Le Grill. 🙂 Right after I book my dives, of course!

See you in a couple months! 😁

I wouldn't get too hung up on reservations. Depending on the occupancy level you can usually reserve multiple nights in each. Best bet is to get to know the head waiter/maitre d'. They are extremely friendly. You will find that menus change on different nights but often you'll find your special place. Enjoy!

• Thanks 1

We are currently on the ten day Tuomotus.   When you make your reservations at the La veranda you can book two nights in Grill and two nights in the La Veranda. This is for the ten days.  

We just had our first meal last night in La veranda, it was delicious!!!
   If you want to book diving as well maybe split up.  We waited two hours to reserve our diving. And we were 6th couple  in line.    Meanwhile took less than five minutes for us to book our meals.  
   Currently pouring in Bora Bora so all the snorkeling tours have been cancelled 😞 

• Thanks 1

I'm Going to say this again ... though some people have been able to book more than one specialty reservation (one for each specialty restaurant) when boarding the official policy for the 10. 11 and 14 night cruises in one reservation in each of the specialty restaurants when you board and you can return halfway through the cruise and book again ... it really depends on the passenger load. If the ship is near full the official policy will likely be in effect ... if your lucky enough to make more than one in each of the specialty restaurants when you board good for you ... 16 trips on the PG ... enough said.  

Edited by Tahitianbigkahuna

Although we are completely full, we were able to book all four at one time.  Though to be more accurate two of our reservations were on the first half and two were on the second half, as the menu changes half way.   As pointed out by tahitianbigkauana this is only on the longer cruises.  

Although we are completely full, we were able to book all four at one time.  Though to be more accurate two of our reservations were on the first half and two were on the second half, as the menu changes half way.   As pointed out by tahitianbigkauana this is only on the longer cruises.  

Just a note on eating at the grill for enjoying the sunset. I had to laugh because we did book the first night of Bora Bora . But the sunsets at 6 PM. And the Grill opens at 6:30.  So if this is really important for you, you might want to double check the time of the sunset for the month of the year you are traveling.  

8 hours ago, equinelady said:

Just a note on eating at the grill for enjoying the sunset. I had to laugh because we did book the first night of Bora Bora . But the sunsets at 6 PM. And the Grill opens at 6:30.  So if this is really important for you, you might want to double check the time of the sunset for the month of the year you are traveling.  

Thanks for the tip!

We were 11 night Cook/Society and did two LA Veranda, two Le Grill and remainder L'etoile. We reserved right after diving reservations - agree with split up - diving can take a long time if people in front of you have questions - ones before us took an hour. So one person can at least hold a place in diving line.

There was a chef's menu night where all restaraunts were had same menu - so check to see if they know that night before booking. It was an at sea day. My friends would have been bummed if that had been the La Veranda night. For me, being vegan, I preferred L'etoile menu, liked Le Grill location and casual atmosphere best, and didn't care for La Veranda (loved it for breakfast and lunch where you could sit outside) - but my friends liked the La Veranda dinners best.

Have fun.

Edited by sjkoen
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1