Buying water package once onboard

rattla

I know NCL offer a water package pre boarding, but Mrs Rattla has decided the day before that she would like some water, and obviously now too late to buy.

Do they sell the package of like 12 cartons onboard, and does anyone know how much they charge?  I presume it’s still cheaper to do that than buy individually at the bars?

Edited by rattla

7 hours ago, rattla said:

I know NCL offer a water package pre boarding, but Mrs Rattla has decided the day before that she would like some water, and obviously now too late to buy.

Do they sell the package of like 12 cartons onboard, and does anyone know how much they charge?  I presume it’s still cheaper to do that than buy individually at the bars?

Yes. You can order at any bar. And have them deliver it. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Asawi said:

I don't know anything about the boxed water. I do however know that the water in the buffet is excellent! And free! Many say it's better than the one in the box. Refill a bottle/travel mug and keep it in the fridge.

NCL a switched to paper boxed water (versus plastic bottled water) several years ago. 

4 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Yes. You can order at any bar. And have them deliver it. 

Just watch your account. We did that on the Joy in April and didn't get them the so HD secretary got involved and we finally did get our water delivered but the next problem was we got billed for it five times. Did get it fixed.

7 hours ago, Asawi said:

I don't know anything about the boxed water. I do however know that the water in the buffet is excellent! And free! Many say it's better than the one in the box. Refill a bottle/travel mug and keep it in the fridge.

There is no difference between the water in the buffet and the water in staterooms.  Fill your water bottle in your cabin and there are no restrictions on how you do it.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

There is no difference between the water in the buffet and the water in staterooms.  Fill your water bottle in your cabin and there are no restrictions on how you do it.

Actually there is a slight chloride smell/taste in the stateroom water. The buffet water goes through a filter removing that. The smell/taste is very slight and city people used to chloride in water probably won't even notice. Us that are used to non-choride crystal clear water do.

17 minutes ago, Asawi said:

Actually there is a slight chloride smell/taste in the stateroom water. The buffet water goes through a filter removing that. The smell/taste is very slight and city people used to chloride in water probably won't even notice. Us that are used to non-choride crystal clear water do.

Would a portable water filter remove that slight taste?

Even so, the fact remains that for most people it is just as useful to fill their water bottles in their cabin as to do it in the buffet.  

1 minute ago, RocketMan275 said:

Would a portable water filter remove that slight taste?

Even so, the fact remains that for most people it is just as useful to fill their water bottles in their cabin as to do it in the buffet.  

A portable water filter probably would work. But as you say, for the last majority of people I doubt It would be necessary. 

25 minutes ago, Asawi said:

A portable water filter probably would work. But as you say, for the last majority of people I doubt It would be necessary. 

I grew  up drinking the cleanest purest water  you've ever tasted.  We had access to a waterwell that was straight out of the ground, no purification, just water.  It was so cold it would hurt your teeth.  Still don't understand the fascination with bottled water.

• Like 1

Check if there’s a leaflet in your cabin before ordering it at a bar and wait until they’ve stopped charging local taxes to avoid even more cost. 
if you upgrade to FAS+ or premium+ beverage package you will be able to get bottles/cartons at any bar the same as any other drink.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, RocketMan275 said:

I grew  up drinking the cleanest purest water  you've ever tasted.  We had access to a waterwell that was straight out of the ground, no purification, just water.  It was so cold it would hurt your teeth.  Still don't understand the fascination with bottled water.

I'm not a fan of bottled water. Grew up with great tasting municipal water (small village of 1,500)...now I have water as you describe from childhood. The water hurts my teeth, freezes my brain, but tastes perfectly clean and crisp. To be fair, it does go through a refrigerator filter...I've always enjoyed tap water - just don't get bottled water. I truly don't understand that boxed junk that tastes miserable.

5 hours ago, Asawi said:

That makes (at least) two of us! 

Threeeeeeeeeeeeee!

• Like 1