New (almost) to Princess

FrankieSue

I am very excited to have booked a second Princess cruise after having sailed on Princess once many, many years ago…. We are 4*  Mariner on Holland America and we look forward to this new experience. We will be sailing on SKY princess, and we have booked Premiere package… Any info you can give me about the ship, dining venues, etc…will be much appreciated.  Thank you and I look forward to your comments

6 hours ago, FrankieSue said:

I am very excited to have booked a second Princess cruise after having sailed on Princess once many, many years ago…. We are 4*  Mariner on Holland America and we look forward to this new experience. We will be sailing on SKY princess, and we have booked Premiere package… Any info you can give me about the ship, dining venues, etc…will be much appreciated.  Thank you and I look forward to your comments

I was on the Sky just before the big shutdown due to covid. Lovely ship.  One of my favorite spots was to get up early and enjoy morning coffee on the aft section just outside the HC.

I also loved the International Cafe in the Piazza.  Back then, at least before their current nickel and dime method, every so often the cafe would do a batch of monkey bread in the morning. As a regular there, the server would alert me the day before so that I would sure to get by before it was all gone.

If memory serves, there was a Starbucks coffee on board also.

Have a great cruise.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, FrankieSue said:

Welcome to Princess (almost)

forum!

Beautiful ship. Specialty Dining, we go to Crown Grill and Sabitini’s too.  Definitely do Alfredo’s and since you’re Premier try all the casual dining venues.

We love the IC International Cafe for a quick lunch or snack and the Coffee baristas there are great!

You don’t say how long you are OB, or if you have a balcony, but we pick a port sailaway to do a UBD Ultimate Balcony Dinner!  What a treat and inclusive to PCL, I believe.  You can book it OB with RS or ahead of time on the website >cruise personalizer >onboard services >
food & beverage experiences…

UBD…  

There’s so much to mention, but I bet you love the ship and crew.  

In case you haven’t read the online info about the Sky… here it is…

https://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/ships/yp-sky-princess/

16 minutes ago, SargassoPirate said:

I was on the Sky just before the big shutdown due to covid. Lovely ship.  One of my favorite spots was to get up early and enjoy morning coffee on the aft section just outside the HC.

I also loved the International Cafe in the Piazza.  Back then, at least before their current nickel and dime method, every so often the cafe would do a batch of monkey bread in the morning. As a regular there, the server would alert me the day before so that I would sure to get by before it was all gone.

Have a great cruise.

Didn’t see a SB, but they still have monkey bread as of a few months ago.  🙊 

1 hour ago, FrankieSue said:

Check out the deck plans on Princess.com.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SargassoPirate said:

Have a great cruise.

There isn’t a Starbucks on Sky Princess, but the coffees at the International Café are pretty good. 
The buffet is now called the World Fresh Market Place, and there is a nice area to the rear of that, the Wake View Barm which has a small pool overlooking the stern. Wonderful place to watch the world go by & quieter than the main pool area.

Sabatinis is on Deck 5 & is really good. I couldn’t cope with the vast amount of food served at Crown Grill, but it always seemed busy. I liked the bar outside it, more good people watching! Alfredo’s is the best pizza I’ve ever had on a cruise ship.

Edited by Justpackingmybags
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Justpackingmybags said:

There isn’t a Starbucks on Sky Princess, but the coffees at the International Café are pretty good. 
The buffet is now called the World Fresh Market Place, and there is a nice area to the rear of that, the Wake View Barm which has a small pool overlooking the stern. Wonderful place to watch the world go by & quieter than the main pool area.

Sabatinis is on Deck 5 & is really good. I couldn’t cope with the vast amount of food served at Crown Grill, but it always seemed busy. I liked the bar outside it, more good people watching! Alfredo’s is the best pizza I’ve ever had on a cruise ship.