Port vs Starboard.

Ozzieru1e

Which cabins are best to be in when sailing from New York City to Bermuda on the Joy (port or starboard)?  The Joy will be undergoing dry dock in January and adding additional balcony cabins by reducing the Observation Lounge.  I have reservations for May 2024 and was hoping for cabin price reductions.  I imagine now many cabins will probably have price increases in 2024.  Do anyone have any information concerning changes to the Joy in 2024?  Also, which cabins do you prefer on cruise ships (Port or Starboard)?   Thanks.

no guarantee in bermuda, as to which way you’ll dock, but if you have a balcony cabin and you want the statue of liberty view as you depart new york, you’ll want the starboard side. lady liberty appears about thirty to forty-five minutes after departure. conversely, you can see her on the port side on your return, but you usually have to get up at four or five in the morning for that. port side leaving NYC features manhattan city views.

as for generic starboard and port preferences… it depends. some people only like to move forward and get turned all around when they’re on one side or other, though how you feel about this often depends on the bed and sofa placement within the room.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Ozzieru1e said:

Which cabins are best to be in when sailing from New York City to Bermuda on the Joy (port or starboard)?  The Joy will be undergoing dry dock in January and adding additional balcony cabins by reducing the Observation Lounge.  I have reservations for May 2024 and was hoping for cabin price reductions.  I imagine now many cabins will probably have price increases in 2024.  Do anyone have any information concerning changes to the Joy in 2024?  Also, which cabins do you prefer on cruise ships (Port or Starboard)?   Thanks.

When sailing out of NY, the port side will have nice views of Manhattan. The starboard side will have a view of the Statue of Liberty. The best place for sailaway in on deck. fwiw, last year, we docked on the starboard side. But operational needs dictate which side faces the dock. 

Cruise Critic summarized the changes: https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/norwegian-cruise-line-announces-extensive-refurbishment-for-norwegian-joy