LAX Uber Black

Suzanne123

My elderly sister and her friend are trying to schedule an Uber Black that will pick them up at the curb rather than the remote lot at LAX.  She’s having a hard time scheduling in advance, as the app will not let her put in her flight number and time.  Can anyone suggest a reliable limo service to take them from LAX to Santa Monica for pre cruise hotel? Thanks.

37 minutes ago, Suzanne123 said:

Can anyone suggest a reliable limo service to take them from LAX to Santa Monica for pre cruise hotel?

There is zero reason to reserve in advance UberBlack from LAX-- just have them request a car in the app when they are coming curbside. I do this several times a year at LAX and have never waited for more than 5 minutes for UberBlack. 

Alternatively you CAN book in advance with an app called Blacklane, although you will pay a bit more than you would with UberBlack. For a short ride to Santa Monica though, just request int the Uber app when they get there. 

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
On 9/16/2023 at 7:55 AM, princeton123211 said:

There is zero reason to reserve in advance UberBlack from LAX-- just have them request a car in the app when they are coming curbside. I do this several times a year at LAX and have never waited for more than 5 minutes for UberBlack. 

Alternatively you CAN book in advance with an app called Blacklane, although you will pay a bit more than you would with UberBlack. For a short ride to Santa Monica though, just request int the Uber app when they get there. 

Hi Princeton, getting ready for our cruise out of San Pedro and flying into LAX.  Since I have an elderly mother, we are going to use Uber black service.  Is there a specific curb that we have to go to for Uber Black?  I thought we’d get to the specific curb (if there is one) before requesting the car so we don’t have to rush to the pick up spot and worry about my mom having to walk fast. Thank you!

8 hours ago, mthomp5 said:

Hi Princeton, getting ready for our cruise out of San Pedro and flying into LAX.  Since I have an elderly mother, we are going to use Uber black service.  Is there a specific curb that we have to go to for Uber Black?  I thought we’d get to the specific curb (if there is one) before requesting the car so we don’t have to rush to the pick up spot and worry about my mom having to walk fast. Thank you!

We did Uber Black at San Pedro.  We RSVP'ed in advance and it was good we did.  There were people at the curb who had waited more than 20 minutes and some couldn't get drivers to even confirm pickup.  We walked right out and got in our SUV.  The pick up area is just a few steps out the exit door of the terminal.  It's maybe 100 feet from the exit door.  A RSVP Uber Black will wait for you for free for about 15-20 minutes and then will charge after that.  They won't leave until you get there.  You can also text the driver to give them your update.  BTW: use a porter they go to a special line and will get you out faster.    

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ATSEAMYLIFE said:

We did Uber Black at San Pedro.  We RSVP'ed in advance and it was good we did.  There were people at the curb who had waited more than 20 minutes and some couldn't get drivers to even confirm pickup.  We walked right out and got in our SUV.  The pick up area is just a few steps out the exit door of the terminal.  It's maybe 100 feet from the exit door.  A RSVP Uber Black will wait for you for free for about 15-20 minutes and then will charge after that.  They won't leave until you get there.  You can also text the driver to give them your update.  BTW: use a porter they go to a special line and will get you out faster.    

Thanks for the tip! I think we’ll do a reservation in advance for port to LAX since it seems everyone will be looking for one at the same time!  We’ll estimate conservatively as to our pick up time since our flight isn’t until 3:40pm so we have a lot of time to kill.  

• Like 1

On 3/25/2024 at 8:40 AM, mthomp5 said:

At LAX Uber Black picks up on the arrivals level in any White Passenger Pickup which is on the outer island. The pillars are numbered and your driver may ask which pillar you are at.

Unless you get lucky and get someone already in the loop it will take a little while for the Uber Black to arrive.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BOB999 said:

At LAX Uber Black picks up on the arrivals level in any White Passenger Pickup which is on the outer island. The pillars are numbered and your driver may ask which pillar you are at.

Unless you get lucky and get someone already in the loop it will take a little while for the Uber Black to arrive.

Thank you so much!  Very helpful information!