Muscat, Oman - time to disembark ship and meet guide

Wayfairers

It has been a few years since I’ve been to Muscat.  My tour guide is saying it takes passengers a long time to get from the ship to the port and has asked me to leave the ship as early as possible to meet him at 9am.  We are in port starting at 8am.  I remember the taxi drivers being extremely aggressive at the port gate and really don’t want to wait there very long.  I do have my guide’s number so I can WhatsApp him when we get there.

I know there is a 3 minute shuttle ride, but does it really take an hour to get from the ship to the port?  

• 3 weeks later...

We have been there in February.

It takes some time to get off the ship, but it was nit that long. You leave the ship, enter the port building and then you need to take a shuttle to the gate.

For us it took maybe 20 minutes to be at the port gate, so it was really okay.

2 hours ago, Katg412 said:

It takes some time to get off the ship, but it was nit that long. You leave the ship, enter the port building and then you need to take a shuttle to the gate.

Thank you.  That is what I remember from 2016 too and I am happy to hear things haven’t changed. 

On 10/7/2023 at 7:12 AM, Katg412 said:

Thanks.

So, just confirming please.

The shuttle is mandatory and you are able to get off at the port gate if you wish ?

Yes, the shuttle is mandatory and we left at the port gate to explore the city on our own. We later took the Hop on Hop off bus which was really good as well. It takes you to areas of Muscat that are further away. Enjoy Muscat, it‘ beautiful!

On 10/8/2023 at 6:45 PM, Katg412 said:

Yes, the shuttle is mandatory and we left at the port gate to explore the city on our own. We later took the Hop on Hop off bus which was really good as well. It takes you to areas of Muscat that are further away. Enjoy Muscat, it‘ beautiful!

Many thanks.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Yes, this is a rather special port, if not taking the shuttle buses from the ship : we were asked to remember the free shuttle that brought us from the ship to the port building and then after had to re-board the same shuttle that dropped us to the port gate for the exit.  

• 1 month later...