Booking through a TA site

laudergayle

16 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

I have no idea of what your talking about.

My TA doesn't provide 'cheap wine', she saves me a ton of money.

-My TA got me a price drop, just last week, of $2500 on my next cruise.

-My TA got me FCC on my cruise of last march of $1000.

-In addition to those price drops, my TA discounts all my cruises by at least 8%.

I have no need to call NCL since my TA answers all my questions. 

You see, my TA isn't one of those large call centers like NCL operates that are infamous for providing inaccurate information. 

She operates her own busines and she's taken more cruises than most.  She's been on all the cruise lines and many of the cruise ships.  She knows the answers from her own experience.

I hope your TA drops a “thanks” on your post.

11 hours ago, RocketMan275 said:

It's difficult to find a TA that isn't better than dealing with NCL call center.

I will disagree with this part. My experience has been that there are only a handful of TAs that offer better service than the call center. 

6 cruises, I've booked through 4 TA's and 2 direct with the cruise line.  2 of the TA's were because a family member started the cruise planning and said to just book through them.  One TA was the one my parents use (for another line) but she gave me no 'perks' on NCL.  One TA was through an employee perk with my company but there was no benefit to that one either.

I contacted a couple TA's for my 2 that I booked direct with the cruise line but none seemed all that interested in my business.  For my trip that's coming up on FP I looked into my employee perk again, but they wanted a booking fee AND were going to lock me in to the lowest category cabin for the same price as NCL's guarantee.  The only perk was going to be free DSC (which is $300 on this trip as it's 2 weeks) but I was going to be locked in to a deck 5 inside room, higher in the ship would have cost way more than the $300.  The possibility of a cabin in a better location was worth the $300.

49 minutes ago, hallux said:

6 cruises, I've booked through 4 TA's and 2 direct with the cruise line.  2 of the TA's were because a family member started the cruise planning and said to just book through them.  One TA was the one my parents use (for another line) but she gave me no 'perks' on NCL.  One TA was through an employee perk with my company but there was no benefit to that one either.

I contacted a couple TA's for my 2 that I booked direct with the cruise line but none seemed all that interested in my business.  For my trip that's coming up on FP I looked into my employee perk again, but they wanted a booking fee AND were going to lock me in to the lowest category cabin for the same price as NCL's guarantee.  The only perk was going to be free DSC (which is $300 on this trip as it's 2 weeks) but I was going to be locked in to a deck 5 inside room, higher in the ship would have cost way more than the $300.  The possibility of a cabin in a better location was worth the $300.

Keep looking.  There are better TAs.