Be careful in Sitka of reindeer hotdog

FOXTROT

I had no problems with her reindeer hotdog back in May.  She was a very nice person.   

Food poisoning is a small, localized issue.  Because one person may have had a gastro issue with something, no need to hyperbolize it and paint the business with a broad brush.   It's difficult to pinpoint exactly what causes gastro issues - breakfast, milk/cream in the coffee,  bad water, etc.  

• Like 4

On 9/17/2023 at 9:59 AM, slidergirl said:

I had no problems with her reindeer hotdog back in May.  She was a very nice person.   

Food poisoning is a small, localized issue.  Because one person may have had a gastro issue with something, no need to hyperbolize it and paint the business with a broad brush.   It's difficult to pinpoint exactly what causes gastro issues - breakfast, milk/cream in the coffee,  bad water, etc.  

This is true! And the guys has no absolute way to know it was from her reindeer dogs, it's just his guess and he goes with it.  While what the gentleman said "may" be true, getting sick while  on a cruise is a very common event. I just have a problem with people putting hard working people on blast with no way for her to defend herself.  So uncalled for.

• Like 2

• 6 months later...
On 9/20/2023 at 5:18 PM, Tippyton said:

Reindeer sausage is awesome!!!

Is it available at other ports in Alaska or only in Sitka? How difficult/easy to find one?

LAX

1 hour ago, LAX said:

Is it available at other ports in Alaska or only in Sitka? How difficult/easy to find one?

LAX

Reindeer sausage is a staple throughout Alaska.  They sell it at souvenir stores and you can get hot dogs at some restaurants or food trucks.

On 9/18/2023 at 11:36 PM, Sea-level said:

I just have a problem with people putting hard working people on blast with no way for her to defend herself. 

He didn't put anyone on "blast" he simply posted to exercise caution.  The only one blasting someone is you.  He is allowed to express his opinion even if you disagree with it.  Your blast was uncalled for.

• Like 1