Is NCL headed in the right direction with the Prima/Leonardo class of ships?

DrSea

Is NCL headed in the right direction with the Prima/Leonardo class of ships?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Is NCL headed in the right direction with the Prima/Leonardo Class?

• Right Direction - because of the Prima Class
    • Right Direction - but for other reasons not related to the Prima Class
    • Wrong Direction - because of the Prima Class
    • Wrong Direction - but for other reasons not related to the Prima Class

We have cruised on the Jewel Class ships and the Breakaway + .   I must say we did enjoy our first cruise on the Joy this summer, better than I thought that we would.  My major complaint about the Joy, was too few elevators.  For a ship of that size to only have .  2 elevator banks is ridiculous.  Most of the time, we took the stairs of only going between 4 decks or less.   The elevators were .waaay too crowded.

Our favorite "hang out" on the Joy is the Observation Lounge.  I heard that the Observation lounge is going to be reduced in size, due to plans to add cabins to that area for the next dry dock.  I hope that NCL will change their mind on this and leave the Observation Lounge as it is.  It was always busy when we were there.  They also want to remove the Video area, and turn it into a spa.  I don't use the spa, and neither do I do video machines, but teens love them.  Without the video machines teens will lose out, and we don't want bored kids wandering around.  The closets are a good size, but shelf space is weensy.

The only major changes the I would want for the Joy is to increase the size of the main swimming pool,   add more elevators, and create a dedicated movie theater.  Watching a film in the atrium is distracting, because of noise from passers by.

The 4 of us still love the Jewel Class ships, which are the perfect size for us, have the Great Outdoors for outside buffet, The Spinnaker Lounges, and enough to do.  

From what I have read, NCL crammed to many venues onto the smaller Prima Class ships.  Fewer but larger venues is better to seat more people.

• Like 1