Regatta currently sailing down the left coast question

julia

Hi current Regatta folks:

Hope you are enjoying your left coast cruise so far... we will be boarding in San Pedro on the 20th!

Question:  are there any sports being shown onboard?  If so, where?  I realize it's dependent upon location and coverage, but I'm specifically asking if you've had any college football or NFL games shown. Our itinerary is simple, LA-Catalina-SF-Ensenada, so any input would be helpful.  Thx!

Edited by julia
sp
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, julia said:

Hi current Regatta folks:

Hope you are enjoying your left coast cruise so far... we will be boarding in San Pedro on the 20th!

Question:  are there any sports being shown onboard?  If so, where?  I realize it's dependent upon location and coverage, but I'm specifically asking if you've had any college football or NFL games shown. Our itinerary is simple, LA-Catalina-SF-Ensenada, so any input would be helpful.  Thx!

There’s a Live From Regatta where you might get an answer to your question…we board after you & would also be interested in an answer.

• Like 1

This thread is a “Roll Call” which is supposed to be used only by folks on this cruise. There’s a “live from ….” thread where you can pose your question about sports being shown on TV.

That said, we’ve been on Regatta since Seattle (on our way to LA right now) and the only TV channels with any kind of regular sports broadcasting are euro-centric (e.g., BBC and Sky News). To the best of my knowledge, there’s been no US football (college and pro) shown at all on our two segments.

However, in the past, we have seen the Super Bowl on Oceania.  

• Thanks 1

For the past year or so, O has had a dedicated sports channel on its program list,  called Sports 24, which is prodiuced exclusively for showing on aircraft and cruise ships.  We have watched it on our past two cruises, both of which have been in Europe.

Coverage includes NFL, major tennis events, Formula 1, English Premier League soccer, UEFA soccer, rugby, rugby league, Australian Rules football. There are no doubt others at various times.   There seems to be occasional periods of blackout.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, rialannah said:

For the past year or so, O has had a dedicated sports channel on its program list,  called Sports 24, which is prodiuced exclusively for showing on aircraft and cruise ships.  We have watched it on our past two cruises, both of which have been in Europe.

Coverage includes NFL, major tennis events, Formula 1, English Premier League soccer, UEFA soccer, rugby, rugby league, Australian Rules football. There are no doubt others at various times.   There seems to be occasional periods of blackout.

We’re on Regatta right now (day 20 of a multi-segment cruise) the only regular sports viewing on cabin TVs is Sky News Sports. 

8 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

There’s a Live From Regatta where you might get an answer to your question…we board after you & would also be interested in an answer.

I am aware of that thread and chose to ask my question to the main board.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

This thread is a “Roll Call” which is supposed to be used only by folks on this cruise. There’s a “live from ….” thread where you can pose your question about sports being shown on TV.

That said, we’ve been on Regatta since Seattle (on our way to LA right now) and the only TV channels with any kind of regular sports broadcasting are euro-centric (e.g., BBC and Sky News). To the best of my knowledge, there’s been no US football (college and pro) shown at all on our two segments.

However, in the past, we have seen the Super Bowl on Oceania.  

Whaaat?? This is NOT posted to your roll call...  however, I appreciate the info.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

This thread is a “Roll Call” which is supposed to be used only by folks on this cruise.

Are you sure??

THIS thread is in the main Oceania forum 

Maybe check before you jump all over posters 🙄

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, LHT28 said:

Are you sure??

THIS thread is in the main Oceania forum 

Maybe check before you jump all over posters 🙄

Thx for the assist @LHT28! 😲

Our goal is to watch the Ohio State-Notre Dame 🏈 game next Sat afternoon.  I've gleaned enough information to know that the ship is not an option, and streaming to our tablet may not be that good. Fortunately, we're docked in San Francisco on Sat-Sun, so a sports bar is DEFINITELY an option!  Any suggestions for a "locals" sports bar would be appreciated!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

We’re on Regatta right now (day 20 of a multi-segment cruise) the only regular sports viewing on cabin TVs is Sky News Sports. 

That's too bad.  We had the channel on Nautica last year and again on Vista a few months ago.  As I said there was a period of blackout somewhere along the way when the relatively useless Sky Sports News was substituted.

On the Sports 24 website Oceania is listed as one of the cruise lines taking their service - along with most of the other major operators. 

As an aside, they have just shown the Jets v Cowboys, which will be followed by Dolphins v Patriots.  I don't recall and college sport being shown.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, rialannah said:

That's too bad.  We had the channel on Nautica last year and again on Vista a few months ago.  As I said there was a period of blackout somewhere along the way when the relatively useless Sky Sports News was substituted.

On the Sports 24 website Oceania is listed as one of the cruise lines taking their service - along with most of the other major operators. 

As an aside, they have just shown the Jets v Cowboys, which will be followed by Dolphins v Patriots.  I don't recall and college sport being shown.

sorry - last phrase should be 'any college sport'