Returning to P&O

killaypirate

10 minutes ago, Interestedcruisefan said:

Last time we flew to Barbados with Tui

The guy behind me asked me not to recline my seat (after I reclined it)

This is standard seats

So I put it back to normal

What would you guys have done  or said in that  situation?

(I wasn't sure whether to take it further or not at the time)

I never recline my seat. I hate it if people recline their seat in front of me. 

• Like 6

20 minutes ago, Interestedcruisefan said:

This is standard seats

I don't recline my seat, except overnight. I politely ask first.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Interestedcruisefan said:

This is standard seats

Reclining seats are highly contentious which is why short haul they're being phased out on some airlines.  As Zap says it's polite to ask before doing it.  Mind you if you had refused the airline wouldn't have done anything about it. On a Virgin flight from Orlando my OH couldn't actually sit in his seat when the person in front reclined. Staff just shrugged their shoulders and suggested my husband used their jump seat when he needed to stretch his legs.

As I said elsewhere TUI won't even move the overnight lavatory queue away from emergency exit seats because the staff are instructed to avoid confrontation issues.

• Like 2

I'm on Ventura right now and the compliments for the food are quite something. Just last night in the main dining room I heard "it's fine", "it's edible", "it's not horrible" and "it could have been worse" 😂 (Nobody was eating the extra cost menu to be fair. It's possible that the Signature choice is wonderfu!)

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Scirocco Breeze said:

I'm on Ventura right now and the compliments for the food are quite something. Just last night in the main dining room I heard "it's fine", "it's edible", "it's not horrible" and "it could have been worse" 😂 (Nobody was eating the extra cost menu to be fair. It's possible that the Signature choice is wonderfu!)

Hi

I hate those comments as an excuse for poor food,,,another one is ‘you won’t go hungry’

Even if you sail on a cheap cruise the food should be to an acceptable standard.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, JeanieC,Aston said:

Hi

I hate those comments as an excuse for poor food,,,another one is ‘you won’t go hungry’

Even if you sail on a cheap cruise the food should be to an acceptable standard.

Some people also begrudgingly don't like praising food

Those comments above you could actually say are positive coming from certain  older people

• Haha 3

35 minutes ago, Scirocco Breeze said:

I hope that you are enjoying your cruise. As extra charge items in the MDR are a brand new thing, if you were able to post a photo of a menu or two, so that we can see what it’s all about and how the remaining ‘included’ items stack up, I’m sure that many of us would be extremely interested to see them, especially those of us who are going on Ventura soon. Presumably they are just for dinner?

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

I hope that you are enjoying your cruise. As extra charge items in the MDR are a brand new thing, if you were able to post a photo of a menu or two, so that we can see what it’s all about and how the remaining ‘included’ items stack up, I’m sure that many of us would be extremely interested to see them, especially those of us who are going on Ventura soon. Presumably they are just for dinner?

This is what was posted elsewhere!

IMG_1231.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, Interestedcruisefan said:

Some people also begrudgingly don't like praising food

Those comments above you could actually say are positive coming from certain  older people

Some folk have very high expectations and ate often disappointing.  Others are satisfied with the same offerings. Sindhu in Marlow is better than Sindhu on P&O. The price is about double. If something is describes as fine, surely that means it's........fine.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, JeanieC,Aston said:

Hi

Those comments may mean the food was acceptable. That's OK, isn't it ?.

58 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

I'm dining in the Beach House tonight, but tomorrow I will take pics.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

45 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

This is what was posted elsewhere!

IMG_1231.jpeg

Thank you! I had assumed that there were different options each night, but I now assume that this is a fixed list of items available daily? With the caveat that I hope that this doesn't result in even less choice of the ‘included’ items, I have to say that I welcome this. All three very much appeal to me and the first two appeal to Lady Selbourne! There are always at least a couple of nights during a cruise when nothing on the MDR menu massively appeals, and we tend to try getting a last minute booking in a speciality restaurant. This gives us another option.

We usually find the MDR dinners to be perfectly acceptable. However, when they arrive, some items don’t always quite live up to the description in the menu! That will be less easy to get away with when they are charging supplements for them. I shall look forward to trying all three of these items when we are on Ventura next month. 

• Like 1

I do if they do it suddenly, all the way.  And refuse  to sit up when asked by the stewardess at mealtime, which happened to me.  She was not allowed to insist!  I think it is good manners to ask, and obviously is fine if it is 'bedtime' for everyone.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Sorry. Never been to Benidorm. Did you enjoy it ?

It was vile,,,I remember when my old dad used to cook a fry up on Sunday morning.

Cooked in lard he would pour the fat over to dip your bread in,,,,,loved it at the time but I suspect that resulted in my heart by- pass 65 yrs later.

Thats J&J now……