Specialty Dining for 6 People

Bojeanne

If I book a table for 6 people at a specialty restaurant, how can I get the charge to be split among 3 cabins? Looks like if I make the booking I get charged the entire amount. I don't want to be collecting cash from my family for their share. Has anyone figured out a solution to this problem? Thanks for any advice.

Guest Snaxmuppet

I have never done it but you could make 3 separate bookings at the same time and say that you want to sit together. Just thinking aloud... 🙂 

13 minutes ago, Bojeanne said:

If I book a table for 6 people at a specialty restaurant, how can I get the charge to be split among 3 cabins? Looks like if I make the booking I get charged the entire amount. I don't want to be collecting cash from my family for their share. Has anyone figured out a solution to this problem? Thanks for any advice.

We booked the Italian restaurant (Sabatini's or whatever) last December for 13, and they charged each person individually.  Don't know if it's different if you book it before the cruise (we booked it during the cruise), but they didn't ask, it just showed up on everyone's account.  So it IS possible, I just don't know how you'd confirm it when you book.

Edited by Flyinby

24 minutes ago, Bojeanne said:

We each booked it on the App DMW same time, same day and each paid for our own SD.  Once we got OB, I called the dine line in the cabin and told them we had booked and would like a table all together.  No problem.  

Otherwise,  we would have had to straighten out the charges once OB and didn’t want to do that.

• Like 1

If you prebook and want to do all 6 to guarantee a table, you have to charge it all to one credit card.  Do it this way and you can have your family members Zelle you the money or send you a check.  Or do as PacnGoNow suggested.

The other thing you can do is wait until you board and make a reservation.  They do hold tables for booking on board and you will then pay the bill after you have dined and can charge it to the 3 different cabins.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

We each booked it on the App DMW same time, same day and each paid for our own SD.  Once we got OB, I called the dine line in the cabin and told them we had booked and would like a table all together.  No problem.  

Otherwise,  we would have had to straighten out the charges once OB and didn’t want to do that.

I do not agree with guests doing this as you are blocking up extra tables with no intent to use them.  

57 minutes ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

If you prebook and want to do all 6 to guarantee a table, you have to charge it all to one credit card.  Do it this way and you can have your family members Zelle you the money or send you a check.  Or do as PacnGoNow suggested.

The other thing you can do is wait until you board and make a reservation.  They do hold tables for booking on board and you will then pay the bill after you have dined and can charge it to the 3 different cabins.  

Agree.  I don't see the big deal about settling up cash among family or friends. 

If going 2X, the friends can book the next visit.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

I do not agree with guests doing this as you are blocking up extra tables with no intent to use them.  

They are going to use them. They want to eat at the same SD, same day and time.  

They just arranged the tables so we could sit together. 

We have also just called once

OB and booked it, because I wanted to use OBC.

• Thanks 1