Group dining

petuniaflower

Hi all, a question about our group dining..we will be 11 total and would like to eat together every night..our bookings/cabins are cross referenced but we only had late dinner available.  As we have some littles this wont work for us..would I be better off trying to switch it on the first night, or use the my time for our group?  Also does our groups being cross referenced mean that they alrwdy have us together at a table for the late dinner..and if we did my time, would only one in our group do it for all 11, like will we all be listed in eachothers apps? Thanks

We always schedule late dining on our cruises and did so even when we cruised with our daughter when she was 14 months and 3 years old and plan to next month when she will be 9. You might be surprised by how well they adjust - and she was very much a schedule driven baby at home! But within a night or two, she was great! We just brought her stroller with us to dinner. The wait staff would take it and store it for us and have a fruit plate and milk waiting for her as soon as we sat down. That kept her busy while we were ordering. They always brought her meal with our app/salads. And when she was done eating, we would ask for her stroller to be brought back and she would curl up in it and drift pretty quickly to sleep. It worked out so great! 

Now that she's older, we're excited to have a longer day on the ship or in port before having to head back to the cabin to eat together. 

We also usually sail with a larger group and find that having that set dining time works so well! No waiting for a larger table to be available (or two smaller ones). We always were seated together and there was no debating on when/where to eat each night. It was a great time for our group to catch up on the day's activities. 

If YTD and the early seating are both full, I think the chances of getting all 11 of you switched from the late dining time are pretty small.

That's especially true of the early seating.  Everyone has an assigned table by the time they board. Finding a place for a party of two is one thing.  Getting one large table or two smaller ones next to each other would likely require moving other diners, and I don't think they do that.