Loungers on Promenade deck 7 Coral Princess

anjo

Hi Everyone, 

Jst been reading GaznJos World cruise 2023 blog on Coral Princess. Horrified!! Have the wooden loungers been replaced by some hideous modern looking chairs!? Going Around Australia on her in October,  and been dreaming about stretching out on them watching the sea go by.Please tell me I read it wrong.😥

Anjo.

Quite likely  -  the loungers have gone or will be going. Was on the Diamond Princess in July and MID cruise saw all the loungers smashed i  in a dumpster on the wharf in Korea and then once we sailed all new upright chairs were in situ on the promenade deck.  Looks like thos might be a fleetwide thing

1 hour ago, anjo said:

😭

I agree with you.

We loved stretching out on the promenade deck and watching the waves or reading a good book then closing our eyes and listening to the waves.

You can't hear the waves up on the pool deck with all the music and movies.

It is just so much better to close the eyes lying down than sitting upright in a chair.

Hopefully they still have a mix of both. On the promenade, I prefer the ones that are more upright, as I find the full loungers to be really uncomfortable. For years they have had timber chairs that are reasonably upright, with leg rests that also recline a fair bit. I figure these chairs are being routinely replaced when they get a bit manky, which means getting the same chairs that their newer ships have. Certainly not the same, but reasonably ergonomic.

Not all progress is great - also note the faux vinyl teak that the chairs rest upon.

RegalPrincessPromDeck.thumb.jpeg.ae1daea781bcb51c807b523b84da79e8.jpeg

34 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Hopefully they still have a mix of both. On the promenade, I prefer the ones that are more upright, as I find the full loungers to be really uncomfortable. For years they have had timber chairs that are reasonably upright, with leg rests that also recline a fair bit. I figure these chairs are being routinely replaced when they get a bit manky, which means getting the same chairs that their newer ships have. Certainly not the same, but reasonably ergonomic.

Not all progress is great - also note the faux vinyl teak that the chairs rest upon.

RegalPrincessPromDeck.thumb.jpeg.ae1daea781bcb51c807b523b84da79e8.jpeg

Pity they don't ask their passengers what they like.  The highlight of my cruise from Singapore to Sydney was sitting on the wooden deck chairs overlooking the ocean.  High tea was delivered on a tray mobile each afternoon.  Looks like they just want to fit more passengers in!

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Pity they don't ask their passengers what they like.  The highlight of my cruise from Singapore to Sydney was sitting on the wooden deck chairs overlooking the ocean.  High tea was delivered on a tray mobile each afternoon.  Looks like they just want to fit more passengers in!

That image is just what is in place in that part of Regal Princess, so I don't think it is about having more chairs to fit more passengers.