Late Night Snack

MMfan14

What time does the buffet usually close after dinner? The last ship I was on (not Carnival) they closed at 9.30 which seemed quite early. There was always a big rush when the late night buffet opened at 11.00 because a lot of people had missed eating earlier and there weren't many other options. I only really go for cookies and coffee anyway at that time, but it seemed weird that you could get a meal at midnight but not 10pm. Cruising on the Pride next month so hope the cookies are as nice as I remember. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Amyracecar said:

What time does the buffet usually close after dinner? The last ship I was on (not Carnival) they closed at 9.30 which seemed quite early. 

Hi @Amyracecar🙂

I just went through a lot of Fun Times located Here. Most Carnival ships, the buffet hours for dinner is 6pm to 9:30pm. With a small handful of ships being 5:30pm to 9pm.

🍹

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Amyracecar said:

What time does the buffet usually close after dinner? The last ship I was on (not Carnival) they closed at 9.30 which seemed quite early. There was always a big rush when the late night buffet opened at 11.00 because a lot of people had missed eating earlier and there weren't many other options. I only really go for cookies and coffee anyway at that time, but it seemed weird that you could get a meal at midnight but not 10pm. Cruising on the Pride next month so hope the cookies are as nice as I remember. 

You have a 3 1/2 hour window to eat dinner at the buffet. I think that is reasonable. They can't keep the entire thing open because a handful of people want to eat later. 

I don't think the rush at 11:00 at the late night snacks is mostly people who didn't make it to dinner.  I am willing to bet it is mostly people grabbing a snack, as it was intended, and didn't want to wait until midnight or later to do it. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Potstech said:

On the Magic right now. Not very good and have avoided it since trying it once. I get meat, cheese and brad from the buffet during lunch for the late night snack. Ay better.

I was on Magic over Labor Day - good luck. Everything we ate on the ship was at best mediocre and at worst positively unedible. 

Edited by mz-s
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LincolnLog said:

Ok no judgement here but just to clarify…you didn’t mean ketchup for your chicken nuggets did you? 🤢 

Lol yes if they don’t have bbq I will resort to putting ketchup on my chicken nuggets. I will also use it on a hotdog lol.

I’ll eat them dry too though if they aren’t overcooked.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Cherries Jubilee said:

Lol yes if they don’t have bbq I will resort to putting ketchup on my chicken nuggets. I will also use it on a hotdog lol.

I’ll eat them dry too though if they aren’t overcooked.

Well this was helpful because now I’m thinking ahead for this. I’ll stash some barbecue sauce from Pig & Anchor and some ranch from the buffet and keep them in my room for later 😆

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

59 minutes ago, LincolnLog said:

Well this was helpful because now I’m thinking ahead for this. I’ll stash some barbecue sauce from Pig & Anchor and some ranch from the buffet and keep them in my room for later 😆

Honestly I will probably take a tip from Saint Greg and bring on my fast food condiments of choice. I don’t HAVE to have sauce but I’ll be on a 12 day so I might want to mix it up a bit.

• Like 1

On 9/20/2023 at 4:38 PM, ObstructedView2 said:

Hi @MMfan14🙂

Late Night Snacks/Midnight Buffet on Celebration was from 11:30pm to 1am, in Guy's Pig & Anchor.

img-5534.jpg

img-5532-scaled.jpg

img-5531-scaled.jpg

img-5530-scaled.jpg

🍹

Looks good to me. My only complaint is that I eat too much already. Oh well couple more pounds added to an already gluttonous cruise 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 9/21/2023 at 6:01 AM, Knights on the Beach said:

I'm just happy there are chips & salsa - something that's been sadly lacking from my cruises in recent years. 

It's more like pico.  I was looking forward to chips and salsa but was disappointed.  As noted by some others, pizza was horrible.  Nuggets were solid.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, MMfan14 said:

I'm taking the pizzas are nowhere in the same league as the pizza pirate.

There is no pizza on the late night snacks buffet. You go to Pizza Pirate (or Pizzeria del Capitano if it has been rebranded on your ship) for pizza.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ObstructedView2 said:

@mz-s🍕

Carnival Celebration pictures below. 

Chicago Pizza on the menu ⬇️

img-5534.jpg

⬇️ Chicago Pizza ⬇️

img-5531-scaled.jpg

⬆️ Chicago Pizza ⬆️

img-5532-scaled.jpg

img-5530-scaled.jpg

💃🍕💃

Wow I wish the late night snacks buffet looked anything like that on the Magic 2 weeks ago. It was positively disgusting. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mz-s said:

Wow I wish the late night snacks buffet looked anything like that on the Magic 2 weeks ago. It was positively disgusting. 

Fully agree. Just got off the Magic today and nothing like that even during the day.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Potstech said:

Fully agree. Just got off the Magic today and nothing like that even during the day.

I don't know about you, but the best thing I ate on my Magic cruise was at best mediocre. I would have had better food had I stayed at home and ate at Golden Corral all week. I absolutely reamed the food in my post-cruise survey.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Potstech said:

All I will say on that is food is subjective.

It is but nobody I spoke with on my cruise had anything positive to say about the food, particularly the buffet. The MDR thankfully was better.

• Like 1

On 9/21/2023 at 6:36 AM, sparks1093 said:

As many American households have found out, junk food is inexpensive and easy to prepare. While there are some who would love what you suggest I would think the vast majority are happy with the choice being offered. That coupled with the extra work (and expense) involved means that Carnival will maintain the status quo.

Can't go anywhere without hearing this nonsense anymore on how everyone is a victim of healthy food having all of these crazy hurdles. What barriers are there to a salad or vegetables? People just don't want those options. Remember, everyone is on vacation and needs to gorge themselves on every food and drink option. There are many cheaper options out there than chicken tenders and many simpler options out there than meatball subs.

It's no gourmet food, but I'm really glad it's back. Between the strip loin and elimination of late night snacks, those were honestly the only things that somewhat bothered me from the recent "cutbacks." It's nice to have included options at night besides Pizza. Dare I say, that Celebration spread is even better than what they had before. 

• Like 1