Pre-pay gratuities in cash on board?

mikey83

I know there are a few pre-pay gratuity topics, but just wondering if I can pay the amount in cash once on board instead?

I'm on the payment page and there is an option to pre-pay the gratuities. I opted not to because I would prefer to pay it in cash.  I'm from Canada and our dollar really sucks right now, haha.  I have some US money that I've held when our dollar was much stronger and prefer to pay whatever in cash that I can to save on the exchange rate.  

If this is possible, just wondering if I do this at the beginning or end of the cruise.  

First time cruiser, thank you.

Edited by mikey83

10 hours ago, mikey83 said:

I know there are a few pre-pay gratuity topics, but just wondering if I can pay the amount in cash once on board instead?

I'm on the payment page and there is an option to pre-pay the gratuities. I opted not to because I would prefer to pay it in cash.  I'm from Canada and our dollar really sucks right now, haha.  I have some US money that I've held when our dollar was much stronger and prefer to pay whatever in cash that I can to save on the exchange rate.  

If this is possible, just wondering if I do this at the beginning or end of the cruise.  

First time cruiser, thank you.

You can add cash to your onboard account at any time during the cruise. It will be used to pay any room charges (including your daily gratuities). Any outstanding amounts will be charged to your credit card on the last night of the cruise. If you have any extra cash on the account, you can go to Guest Services on the last night (late to avoid lines) and get the cash back. 

• Thanks 1