Forced Disembarkation in NYC one day early for ship christening on 10/12

Chefdi13

Has anyone received notice from EJ that they must disembark a day early in NYC in order for the ship to be christened?
We have received a letter from EJ via our travel agent that we must leave the ship with all luggage a day early. They have offered to cover one night at the Edison Hotel in Times Square, but no offer of transportation, food, beverages, etc…

I’m sure there are more details to follow, but in true EJ fashion the communication has been awful. Another last minute fumble!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Chefdi13 said:

Has anyone received notice from EJ that they must disembark a day early in NYC in order for the ship to be christened?
We have received a letter from EJ via our travel agent that we must leave the ship with all luggage a day early. They have offered to cover one night at the Edison Hotel in Times Square, but no offer of transportation, food, beverages, etc…

I’m sure there are more details to follow, but in true EJ fashion the communication has been awful. Another last minute fumble!

Wow!

WOW is right.  We will be on that cruise and the ship is scheduled to overnight in NYC on Oct 12 with disembarkation on the 13th.  As of this minute we have received nothing from EJ or our cruise agent about a change.  Any such change would need to come with a nice cash refund, and the Hotel Edison is certainly not up to anything close to luxury standards nor would we ever want to stay in that Times Square neighborhood.  

I cannot help but wonder when EJ is going to tell us?  And why would they need to disembark passengers because they want to have a "secret" christening ceremony.  All very strange.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Hlitner said:

WOW is right.  We will be on that cruise and the ship is scheduled to overnight in NYC on Oct 12 with disembarkation on the 13th.  As of this minute we have received nothing from EJ or our cruise agent about a change.  Any such change would need to come with a nice cash refund, and the Hotel Edison is certainly not up to anything close to luxury standards nor would we ever want to stay in that Times Square neighborhood.  

I cannot help but wonder when EJ is going to tell us?  And why would they need to disembark passengers because they want to have a "secret" christening ceremony.  All very strange.  

You have to make way for the influencers........

Seriously so near departure that is beyond belief.

#Oceanstateoflunacy

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Hlitner said:

I just got off the phone with my TA i too am on this sailing originalky set to disemark on the 13th. .this is a totally unacceptable situation.  In fact my TA Advised That EJ is offering 250 Euros per petsin future cruise credit and a night in times square. 

They were required all boarded passengers to disembark with all their luggage and either. Get back on later in the day after the ceremony or end the cruise.

Ilwr plan to call E J tomorrow E J wants an answer by tomorrow 

Really bad form

Looking forward to what other passengers are doing

Thanks

15 minutes ago, Waltershipman said:

I just got off the phone with my TA i too am on this sailing originalky set to disemark on the 13th. .this is a totally unacceptable situation.  In fact my TA Advised That EJ is offering 250 Euros per petsin future cruise credit and a night in times square. 

They were required all boarded passengers to disembark with all their luggage and either. Get back on later in the day after the ceremony or end the cruise.

Ilwr plan to call E J tomorrow E J wants an answer by tomorrow 

Really bad form

Looking forward to what other passengers are doing

Thanks

We have yet to hear anything and are embarking next Monday.  NYC is a place with which we are very familiar and staying at the Edison is not acceptable.  And a Future Cruise Credit is absurd, since EJ has so poisoned the well to such an extent that it is unlikely, we would ever want anything to do with this company in the future.  It is also interesting that we have all paid for that day (Oct 12) which should be a port day.  Sticking folks in a 3* hotel (at best) with no food or drinks is not a reasonable trade-off.  

Also consider that are offering a FCC that is just a small fraction of how much we have all been charged for that day!  

Hank

I am starting to think that EJ is being run by a group of clowns!  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Hlitner said:

We have yet to hear anything and are embarking next Monday.  NYC is a place with which we are very familiar and staying at the Edison is not acceptable.  And a Future Cruise Credit is absurd, since EJ has so poisoned the well to such an extent that it is unlikely, we would ever want anything to do with this company in the future.  It is also interesting that we have all paid for that day (Oct 12) which should be a port day.  Sticking folks in a 3* hotel (at best) with no food or drinks is not a reasonable trade-off.

Hank

Hank you are right This is absurd I plan a call with EJ tomorrow 

5 minutes ago, Hlitner said:

Hank

Id love to give you a call but not sure how to given social  media and putting ones infi out there is not safe

Any thoughts 

Just now, Waltershipman said:

Hank you are right This is absurd I plan a call with EJ tomorrow 

Not sure it is worth wasting your breath or time.  At the very least, they owe all the passengers, at a minimum, the pro-rated amount they paid (for the cruise day) and should also provide a "luxury" hotel with all luxury meals and unlimited drinks!

Hank

2 minutes ago, Waltershipman said:

Id love to give you a call but not sure how to given social  media and putting ones infi out there is not safe

Any thoughts 

One thought is that we would never recommend EJ to anyone, anytime!  Why?  A company that has so little consideration for their paying customers is not worthy of paying customers.

Hank

• Like 1

One thought is that we would never recommend EJ to anyone, anytime!  Why?  A company that has so little consideration for their paying customers is not worthy of paying customers.

Hank

Agreed and understood  i hope we who are affected get our situations resolved to our collective satisfaction 

12 minutes ago, Waltershipman said:

Agreed and understood  i hope we who are affected get our situations resolved to our collective satisfaction 

The issue seems pretty clear cut.  We paid for an 18 day cruise, not a 17 day cruise!  If what you have heard is accurate, their alternative offering does not come close to compensating for a missed day on a luxury cruise.

Hank

• Like 1

Just now, Waltershipman said:

Horrible way to treat paying  customers 

Surely. I was just trying to do some sort of "black humor" out of one more proof that the MSC group is not prepared for the true luxury market. One thing are those little bugs all companies do have while launching a new or renovated ship. But this is simply above the abysmal to say the least!...

The issue seems pretty clear cut.  We paid for an 18 day cruise, not a 17 day cruise!  If what you have heard is accurate, their alternative offering does not come close to compensating for a missed day on a luxury cruise.

Hank

ABSOLUTELY TRUE 

1 minute ago, Nunagoras said:

Surely. I was just trying to do some sort of "black humor" out of one more proof that the MSC group is not prepared for the true luxury market. One thing are those little bugs all companies do have while launching a new or renovated ship. But this is simply above the abysmal to say the least!...

YUP

I also wonder if this situation would fall under the rules to request a credit card "chargeback," Chargebacks are generally appropriate for services paid-for and not received.  After all, folks paid for a cruise of a certain length.  The cruise line cuts the length of the cruise for no good reason, other than their own vanity and convenience.  Chargebacks can be used for purchases that do not live up to the standards that are reasonably expected.

Hank

16 minutes ago, Hlitner said:

I also wonder if this situation would fall under the rules to request a credit card "chargeback," Chargebacks are generally appropriate for services paid-for and not received.  After all, folks paid for a cruise of a certain length.  The cruise line cuts the length of the cruise for no good reason, other than their own vanity and convenience.  Chargebacks can be used for purchases that do not live up to the standards that are reasonably expected.

Hank

Wow that might very well have great merit i did however pay back in April so i might be too late?

Just received more info from our TA,

still not a satisfactory response from

EJ regarding our inconvenience. See reply below,

sorry trying to stay on top of this, but I’m in the midst of an airline delay at ORD.

I'm in the process of getting answers to your questions regarding how long we will be off the ship? As far as the hotel is concerned....There is no other hotel options except the Edition.  Your hotel stay at the Edition will include all taxes and fees, Complimentary breakfast is included as well as $150 for incidentals.  Explora will take care of the complimentary transfer from the ship to the Edition.  As far as the credit is concerned....if you decide to leave the ship on Oct. 12th and not get back on....Explora Journeys will credit you 10% of your cruise fare.

I'm asking them to put all of this in writing per your request.  I'll send it to you once I receive something from them.

26 minutes ago, Chefdi13 said:

Just received more info from our TA,

still not a satisfactory response from

EJ regarding our inconvenience. See reply below,

sorry trying to stay on top of this, but I’m in the midst of an airline delay at ORD.

I'm in the process of getting answers to your questions regarding how long we will be off the ship? As far as the hotel is concerned....There is no other hotel options except the Edition.  Your hotel stay at the Edition will include all taxes and fees, Complimentary breakfast is included as well as $150 for incidentals.  Explora will take care of the complimentary transfer from the ship to the Edition.  As far as the credit is concerned....if you decide to leave the ship on Oct. 12th and not get back on....Explora Journeys will credit you 10% of your cruise fare.

I'm asking them to put all of this in writing per your request.  I'll send it to you once I receive something from them.

Thanks so much I still have a hard time comprehending this very novice approach to an expensive cruise billed as luxury and I am a full paying passenger