Pump soap or bar in staterooms?

deubank

What Jamielogical said, but as an aside, the scent of the soap, shampoo and shower gel are all MSC's signature scent, Med for MSC.  When you are browsing the shops take a moment to smell the tester bottle, and from then on, you will notice EVERYTHING smells like it.  The public areas, the elevators, the "smoke" in any production shows, the air blowing from the fans drying the hallways near the pool....all MSC for Med, and currently my living room too, as DH insisted on buying the reed diffuser. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thank you everyone for your responses.  It looks like the consensus is for liquuid hand soap.  Now I know I don’t have to pack any.  I find my family doesn’t wash as thoroughly with the tiny little bars and good hygiene is important.

We will be in a balcony on Meraviglia.  

38 minutes ago, deubank said:

Thank you everyone for your responses.  It looks like the consensus is for liquuid hand soap.  Now I know I don’t have to pack any.  I find my family doesn’t wash as thoroughly with the tiny little bars and good hygiene is important.

We will be in a balcony on Meraviglia.  

Yep, you should be good then. They have soap dispensers built into the counters next to the sink:

PXL_20230422_173443678.thumb.jpg.b8eb6fe049826435662afda9e6cde465.jpg

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Yes.  We finished our cruise last week & it was indeed pump soap in our standard balcony stateroom.  However it did not hold a lot of soap & was empty when we arrived and was empty again on day 8.  We had to ask our room attendant to fill it because he didn’t notice.

We found the soap to be drying though, so I will bring my own pump soap from now on.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, insidecabin said:

We always ask for bar soap every cruise.

I'm curious as to why. A pump seems like it would be much easier for simply washing hands. And the tray for the bar is so far away from the sink, making a mess with the water trail to the sink.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Best Cat Mom said:

I'm curious as to why. A pump seems like it would be much easier for simply washing hands. And the tray for the bar is so far away from the sink, making a mess with the water trail to the sink.

I love the bar soap (so I bring in the cruise), is easy for wash underwear and socks 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Best Cat Mom said:

I like bar soap for the shower.

There is a soap tray under the pump spout on the newer ships for the sink.

(See previous photo)

Edited by insidecabin