Utopia of the Seas story in todays paper

7 minutes ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

When I told my husband the price he said we’ll just drive. We don’t cruise much down there but have a cruise in Miami next year. I’m wondering why don’t you drive and park? Wouldn’t that be much less then $500?  We don’t mind taking Amtrak down, we may look into that

Since we are not full time in FL, it depends on whether we have driven down from CT or flew down. 

If we drive down, we have our car and will drive it down to PE and park it there. Rates at PE are the most reasonable in the state and they don’t squeeze an extra day out of a seven day cruise. If we fly down, we will rent a car one way each way. 

I wish the train was closer cost wise, I’d like to try it. 

mac_tlc

On 9/21/2023 at 8:44 AM, orville99 said:

To each his own. We will never sail on either of those ships. Wonder was a massive disappointment. Loved Allure, but no way we will ever sail on a three night drink till you drop cruise.

We do 3 or 4 night cruise about 10 times a year, never have any issues with drunks.  We are 66 and 79 and love our 3 night getaways.  Have 2 more this year on Liberty and then 10 next year on various ships.  It is an amazing weekend getaway and we love it.  Going on wonder Oct 8th and cannot wait!

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, karena1 said:

We do 3 or 4 night cruise about 10 times a year, never have any issues with drunks.  We are 66 and 79 and love our 3 night getaways.  Have 2 more this year on Liberty and then 10 next year on various ships.  It is an amazing weekend getaway and we love it.  Going on wonder Oct 8th and cannot wait!

I wish you the best. 

15 hours ago, mac_tlc said:

Since we are not full time in FL, it depends on whether we have driven down from CT or flew down. 

If we drive down, we have our car and will drive it down to PE and park it there. Rates at PE are the most reasonable in the state and they don’t squeeze an extra day out of a seven day cruise. If we fly down, we will rent a car one way each way. 

I wish the train was closer cost wise, I’d like to try it. 

mac_tlc

Not sure where you stay when you come down, but last year we were doing a TA on Odyssey from FLL and we took the regular Amtrak train from Winter Haven down, since we would be flying back from Rome. Not that expensive and we just took Uber from the station.

15 hours ago, mac_tlc said:

Yup, and Bay Lake Tower. 

mac_tlc

We own SSR but stay at BLT most of the time in the Disney area….. it’s on the monorail line 😉

But our overall favorite is Vero…..don’t tell anyone because it’s hard enough to get ressies there 😁

On 9/21/2023 at 6:35 PM, pyrateslife4me84 said:

We go to Disney a lot (DVC members) so I’m ecstatic to have a new ship on these short sailings that are easy to add on to a week at Disney. We were on Indy last year (and it was great, of course), but I’d love a new, Oasis-class ship with more activities for the kids. 

We are doing Wonder after Disney next year but it’s a splurge for our 15th wedding anniversary. Otherwise, a 4-nighter would be perfect. Utopia costs more than Indy did but they are competing with the Disney Wish, honestly. Far cheaper than Wish. 

Also, own several DVC contracts. Retired, down every few months. 

RCCL now gets our cruising $ since I can book two (or more) for price of one DC

The 4 day sailings fit nicely onto park trips for us. 

did Indy in July, allure will be in Nov & just booked Utopia for Dec ‘24.  

6 hours ago, keishashadow said:

Also, own several DVC contracts. Retired, down every few months. 

RCCL now gets our cruising $ since I can book two (or more) for price of one DC

The 4 day sailings fit nicely onto park trips for us. 

did Indy in July, allure will be in Nov & just booked Utopia for Dec ‘24.  

It doesn’t help (for me) that we really weren’t impressed by the Disney Wish and soon they’ll have it and its sister, Treasure, in Canaveral. I’d prefer Utopia AND it will be cheaper. Heck, there are times now where a week on Wonder OTS is cheaper than 4 nights on Wish!

• Like 1