HELP PLEASE....Can I make it from Southampton to Le Havre in one day????

RICHARD@SEA

11 minutes ago, RICHARD@SEA said:

I would like to take a TA on QM2 on 3 Jan 2024 arriving in Southampton on 11 January 2024.  On the 11 January there is a cruise that sails at 9 PM from Le Havre.

How can I do this & Is it possible to make the transfer in a timely manner.

Thank you all!!!

You can take a ferry from Poole to Cherbourg but you have to get to Poole and it will be harder to get transport from Cherbourg to Le Havre so I think I would fly Southampton to Paris then the train down to Le Havre, it will be about 8 hours by plane and train.

23 hours ago, ziggyuk said:

You can take a ferry from Poole to Cherbourg but you have to get to Poole and it will be harder to get transport from Cherbourg to Le Havre so I think I would fly Southampton to Paris then the train down to Le Havre, it will be about 8 hours by plane and train.

Thank you so much ziggyuk for your suggestion  - I'll have to decide soon as if its worth the risk.  the second cruise doesn't sail until 9 pm from Le Havre so thats in my favor.

Thanks again!!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RICHARD@SEA said:

Thank you so much ziggyuk for your suggestion  - I'll have to decide soon as if its worth the risk.  the second cruise doesn't sail until 9 pm from Le Havre so thats in my favor.

Thanks again!!!

I think you would need to check the times very carefully, all aboard on the first day is normally 2 hours before which brings you back to 7PM, then you have check-in time at the airport. I can be done but it will depend on flight schedules.
You could cut a little bit of time of the trip by taking the Poole ferry if you are happy with taxi costs both sides of the English Channel but of course the ferry is more weather dependant than a flight.

it sounds way too risky to me.  cross channel ferries UK to and from France in January can easily be delayed or cancelled altogether because of sea conditions in the Channel. The last time we took a ferry in January from Portsmouth, it left 8 hours after the scheduled time. Flights less risky but still some risk. 

• Like 1