Can we purchase a Fishbowl on Day One out of Galveston?

mamiamjo

In December 2021 on Vista I was able to purchase them which was significant because Cheers doesn't start day 1 out of Galveston. I'm pretty sure people have posted this year they no longer have that special on day 1 out of Galveston.

I'm not saying they do or don't. I'm just saying I'd wait to hear from someone with recent experience out of Galveston before counting on it.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, cruizinisthebest said:

What does Cheers have to do with it? Either you can get it on day one or not? You don't need Cheers to drink and it's not covered in the package anyway. 

In my mind, in regards to Cheers, is BECAUSE Cheers doesn't begin on Embarkation Day, then THAT would be the opportune time to purchase a fish bowl since you have to pay for ANY drink anyways.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, cruizinisthebest said:

What does Cheers have to do with it? Either you can get it on day one or not? You don't need Cheers to drink and it's not covered in the package anyway. 

The point is out of Galveston you can't have cheers day 1. So day 1 you have to buy your own drinks and that special was a good value. 

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Despegue said:

But I suppose that Cheers prices out of Galveston are reduced and based on the amount of days that it is actually valid right? 

Yes, they adjust the price of Cheers to account for the days you can't use it.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, cruizinisthebest said:

Well that would be the issue.  According to policy, you can't purchase a fishbowl if you have Cheers.  That's not to say it doesn't happen, but that is what Carnival says.  So, Cheers is a valid player in the game, because if Cheers doesn't apply on the first day, can someone still purchase a fishbowl.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, bartzcrew said:

I put a pic in my first reply. Its literally a fish bowl size drink, and the only way we start a cruise!!

What kind of drink is it? Do you get to choose, or is it pre-selected?  Is it punch. Is it Mimosa? Is it beer? Is it tea?

Edited by shiner6

1 hour ago, StephPS79 said:

Well that would be the issue.  According to policy, you can't purchase a fishbowl if you have Cheers.  That's not to say it doesn't happen, but that is what Carnival says.  So, Cheers is a valid player in the game, because if Cheers doesn't apply on the first day, can someone still purchase a fishbowl.

Yeah I didn't realize you COULDN'T buy it at all. I know there are drinks that are excluded where you would just use your S&S funds for. I'm thinking if you can't use Cheers, you would just pay that way. Thanks. 

1 hour ago, StephPS79 said:

It isn't "you can't purchase a fishbowl if you have Cheers" it is you can't purchase a fishbowl WITH Cheers. That's 36.95 coming out of your pocket. Doesn't matter if it is Day 1 because you can't use your Cheers to purchase it. The only way I would think it would matter would be if you try to get refills. Maybe refills could be purchased with Cheers but obviously not on Day 1. 

Seems like there might have been a deal to get a discount if you had Cheers seeing some of the replies on this thread but that wouldn't work on Day 1 out of Galveston (Or NY). 

26 minutes ago, PayneAS said:

It isn't "you can't purchase a fishbowl if you have Cheers" it is you can't purchase a fishbowl WITH Cheers. That's 36.95 coming out of your pocket. Doesn't matter if it is Day 1 because you can't use your Cheers to purchase it. The only way I would think it would matter would be if you try to get refills. Maybe refills could be purchased with Cheers but obviously not on Day 1. 

Seems like there might have been a deal to get a discount if you had Cheers seeing some of the replies on this thread but that wouldn't work on Day 1 out of Galveston (Or NY). 

It is in fact "you can't purchase a fishbowl if you have Cheers"...Again not to say it doesn't happen, but that's the policy.

Screenshot_20230922_153023_Chrome.thumb.jpg.9f9a3b38e4403bf776621cd3c2320d64.jpg

Edited by StephPS79

21 minutes ago, StephPS79 said:

It is in fact "you can't purchase a fishbowl if you have Cheers"...Again not to say it doesn't happen, but that's the policy.

I don't see that policy on the website. I don't know where you copied your info from but I got this from their FAQ just now. And as for "sharing drinks," I know people who have Cheers have gotten the buckets of beer (of course not covered under Cheers but according to your image, not allowed) and I haven't seen anyone say such a thing.
image.thumb.png.33b4211ec3b6cde2a9d97415b0ac3340.png

Well they need to get their ducks in a row then because they have posted conflicting information. It even says in the Cheers link that I posted that the bucket of beer will charge one beer to your cheers and the other five you pay for out of pocket. 

I will say it seems absolutely ridiculous that if you have Cheers you can't buy souvenir stuff. And personally I've had cheers and had no problem buying the souvenir cups. They are sitting on top of my cabinets right now in fact. I don't know if I'm remembering correctly but I thought I just had to pay the difference between what the drink & cup cost minus the $20 Cheers allowance.

Why wouldn't they want to make MORE money by selling souvenir cups to people? Oh sorry, I can't sell you the fish head, you have Cheers. 

If it is actually something that is against the rules, it doesn't seem like something they enforce.

I have no desire to buy the fishbowl but if I did I would totally test it out on my Vista sailing on the 21st.