Is there a shaving mirror in Viking Ocean

marylovestotravel

21 hours ago, CDNPolar said:

Unless a new addition for newer ships, the answer is no.  There is not a shaving mirror on Viking Ocean.  The mirror in the bathroom is large and well lit however, if that is any help.

There is not one in the Neptune.

On 9/27/2023 at 4:17 PM, bookbabe said:

In our ES2 on Mars last week, we had a wall-mounted shaving mirror on an extendable arm in the bathroom plus the lighted makeup mirror on the desk in the closet.

This is the sort of thing we usually expect in high end hotels. Good for us ladies who are near sighted to do our makeup. 

Surprising the things that we've come to expect in our travels to ease our lives!

I'm glad that Viking is putting it in their new builds.

Mia

I found the heated floors, and the heated mirror that doesn't fog up to be exceptional. The shower is very nice, lots of hot water, and there are plenty of drawers and cupboards in the bathroom. However, I felt the lighting, especially for shaving was terrible. There was a halogen (halogen uses more energy and is a much harsher light source than most L.E.D.s) light directly above my head where I would stand at the sink to shave, and it caused shadows on my face and made shaving difficult. It was also most unflattering 🙂. I did pack a 5in 5X suction cup mirror that I used to put in and take out my contacts, but I was afraid to attach it to a heated mirror, so I used it on one of the side mirrors which was awkward. My wife used the large mirror at the desk for her hair and make up, and that is an ingenious design element, but one can hardly wet shave at a desk. This was in a PV1 on the Neptune on our Sept 18, 2023 Med Odyssey cruise. As Mia stated above, glad to hear Viking incorporating an extendable arm mirror on their new ships. Hopefully they have made improvements with their lighting.

Edited by MrRandal
Clarification

32 minutes ago, MrRandal said:

I found the heated floors, and the heated mirror that doesn't fog up to be exceptional. The shower is very nice, lots of hot water, and there are plenty of drawers and cupboards in the bathroom. However, I felt the lighting, especially for shaving was terrible. There was a halogen (halogen uses more energy and is a much harsher light source than most L.E.D.s) light directly above my head where I would stand at the sink to shave, and it caused shadows on my face and made shaving difficult. It was also most unflattering 🙂. I did pack a 5in 5X suction cup mirror that I used to put in and take out my contacts, but I was afraid to attach it to a heated mirror, so I used it on one of the side mirrors which was awkward. My wife used the large mirror at the desk for her hair and make up, and that is an ingenious design element, but one can hardly wet shave at a desk. This was in a PV1 on the Neptune on our Sept 18, 2023 Med Odyssey cruise. As Mia stated above, glad to hear Viking incorporating an extendable arm mirror on their new ships. Hopefully they have made improvements with their lighting.

Agree about the lighting! Don't need to look as though I've partied when I haven't partied!!!😉

Mia

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...
On 10/5/2023 at 2:08 PM, MrRandal said:

As Mia stated above, glad to hear Viking incorporating an extendable arm mirror on their new ships. Hopefully they have made improvements with their lighting.

That was in an Explorer Suite. Do not expect to find one in lower category staterooms.

My only complaint about the mirror for shaving was, as MrRandal mentioned, where the light was located above your head, resulting in shadows, and causing some bobbing and weaving trying to illuminate the areas I was trying to shave.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1