Encore next week. Hot tub Question.

Sbfherring

Hi, we are on the Encore next week and trying to decide whether or not to get the thermal spa pass. Are there general population hot tubs that have covering over them in case the weather isn't behaving?   The only pictures I see they are open to the elements.

Are you sure the Thermal Spa is available? I believe there are only 150 spots or so. (maybe I’m mistaken?) Anyhoo they were long gone before I had the opportunity to book for our Encore cruise mid- October. 🤷‍♀️ (I would have loved to book - Alaska! Brrrr! 🥶)

1 hour ago, Sbfherring said:

Hi, we are on the Encore next week and trying to decide whether or not to get the thermal spa pass. Are there general population hot tubs that have covering over them in case the weather isn't behaving?   The only pictures I see they are open to the elements.

You're wet. The rain is wet. Having a covering doesn't help much. The hot tubs are cantilevered over the side of the ship which, basically put you directly in the wind. The biggest challenge is getting out of the hot tub... because you are wet, the hot tubs are in the wind, the temps are in the 50's and the wind chill is.... cold. 

We used the hot tubs in the Haven almost every day last week. They are nicer, bigger tubs. They probably get more wind being on the bow of the ship. But we had the ability to quickly move into the indoor sundeck to dry off. The Haven hot tubs have the other "feature" of being right next to the ship's fog horn which becomes annoying if you are trying to relax and the ship is trying to keep someone from hitting us. 

If you buy the Thermal Suite pass, do not buy the Deluxe pass (that costs $50 extra for some oily bath salts that you'll never use). Insist on a non-deluxe pass. The girls get credit for all of their sales and they won't even tell you that there is a cheaper pass... they have sales slips all written up for the Deluxe Thermal Suite pass. 

image.png.face1ca5527374493628a547f9e1a78f.png

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, durberville said:

Are you sure the Thermal Spa is available? I believe there are only 150 spots or so. (maybe I’m mistaken?) Anyhoo they were long gone before I had the opportunity to book for our Encore cruise mid- October. 🤷‍♀️ (I would have loved to book - Alaska! Brrrr! 🥶)

It’s very possible that there will be passes for sale when you board. Just head up to the spa on Sunday. 😊

To answer the OP, no there are no covered hot tubs. We’ve had some decent weather and some very not decent weather this week. Sure, you may be wet anyway (per the PP’s comment), but when it’s raining, 40* and the winds are blowing at 40+ knots, I know I would much rather be indoors in the bubble pool or laying on a heated lounger than sitting in an outdoor uncovered tub. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1