Explorer -Ravenna port change

irishgal432

Thanks to a heads up from my ta after seeing something on cc regarding weather updates on royalcaribbean.com this sailing cannot get into Ravenna and has to leave from Treaste September 24th. We are in Venice so not a big deal for us but feel sorry for all those who are in Ravenna and Bologna. 

Edited by irishgal432
  • Like 1

On 9/22/2023 at 9:57 AM, Billy Baltic said:

And I fell sorry for those who are getting off in Trieste with travel plans out of Bologna. 

The distance from Trieste to Bologna is about three hours - obviously greater than that of Ravenna. But this is why people need to build flexibility into their plans whenever travelling. Weather on the Adriatic can be tempermental, and often ships have been diverted from Venice (when they were allowed to dock there) to Trieste.

As usual, a good reminder to consider travel insurance although so many will say there is no need for it

We have friends who boarded on Sunday, they were staying in Venice so it was relatively easy for them to get to the check-in in Venice cruise port then they were taken by coach (2 hours) right to the ship and boarded almost straight away. So following a couple of days of worrying about it they said it was really smooth.  I don't know how the people got on disembarking in a different port??