Excessive delays leaving Cape Liberty surface lot parking from Oasis on 9/24/23

loudbmw

We have cruised many times from Cape Liberty.  Today, 9/24/23 we experienced over a 30 minute wait around 7:30 am just to exit the surface lot after our Oasis of the Seas cruise. Some in our sailing experienced worse. We live in Virginia and had a 350 mile drive home so the delay added to our already long trip.

We paid for parking by the garage like you are supposed to do. There was only on gate to exit the surface lot where the majority of the 6,000 guests were parked. They recently increased parking fees to $30 per day. I hope they put this money into more exits to end these delays.

I e-mailed the parking authority about the delay exiting the surface lots and received this response:

I am the parking manager here at Cape Liberty Cruise. Due to the weather and the condition we were in, we did our best to get you out in a timely manner. Unfortunately, we were understaffed and we had to make sure everyone paid was able to come out. I do apologize for the wait time, and I understand having more than one exit would be appreciated. I will take that into consideration, and hopefully you will travel with us in the future. 

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.